Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Migrating to Mailstore to Bigger Storage
  •  
fishtech

Send a private message to this user
I am running on OSX and My Kerio mailstore is on a 4 TB Pegaus2 RAID.

I need to move the mailstore to a significantly larger RAID.

Is there a step-by-step for this?

Google search into the form seems to be broken.

Thanks,

ft.
  •  
bm

Use RSync or Carbon Copy Cloner.
  •  
sfpete

Agreed.

-Connect/format/configure the new storage.

-Use Carbon Copy Cloner to clone it over. This can run while the mail server is still operating.

-Once complete, pick an off-time for the final swap over and notify users of potential downtime. Stop kerio service. Do another clone via CCC (it will only copy the changed files... should be fast).

-Remove the old storage, name the new one appropriately, start kerio and verify the path to the store is correct.

Semi-related... strongly recommend your storage be in RAID 10 for speed!
  •  
fishtech

Just wanted to circle back to link to a support doc that I don't thnk was available earlier:

https://manuals.gfi.com/en/kerio/connect/content/server-conf iguration/data-store/configuring-data-store-in-kerio-connect -1156.html

Setting the path to the data store directory

You configure the path to the data store during the installation process.

To change the data store folder later:

Create a new folder for the data store. Do not use diacritics and make sure there is enough free space for the data store.
NOTE
The folder must be on a local disk. If you're using a virtual machine, define the disk as local.
In the Kerio Connect administration interface, go to Configuration > Advanced Options > Store Directory.
Select the new folder in the new location. Do not use a UNC path. Click Apply.
Stop Kerio Connect.
Copy all files from the old store directory to the new directory.
Run Kerio Connect.

[Updated on: Fri, 16 February 2018 00:01]

Previous Topic: Carddav report bad request
Next Topic: HTTPS header
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Dec 18 13:38:26 CET 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 1.50521 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.