Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Connect 9.2.6 patch 2
  •  
Jef Leroy

Send a private message to this user
I have always told my customers never to move or delete many mails in one single time. 100 Max.
  •  
pcardoso

After several restarts due to the upgrade to 9.2.6 we did the upgrade to patch 1 and most of the problems ended.
Somehow, yesterday we start having a bigger problem. The kerio starts and dies, so it is restarted after 30 secs.
This means the server is started EVERY 30 seconds, for hours.
Nothing we do fixes it. If we stop kerio it stops, but if we restart it it keeps restarting every 30 seconds....
Somehow, after some hours, it eventualy starts and doesn't restart for 1 or 2 hours, but then we have the problem again...

When will this end?
The customers are complaining and we don't know what to do...
We will probably start migrating users to Office 365 and end the kerio connect server...

Any idea on how to fix it? We don't have any message in the logs regarding to the process die. We can only see the new startup.
  •  
CoBa

pcardoso wrote on Thu, 17 May 2018 04:40
After several restarts due to the upgrade to 9.2.6 we did the upgrade to patch 1 and most of the problems ended.
Somehow, yesterday we start having a bigger problem. The kerio starts and dies, so it is restarted after 30 secs.
This means the server is started EVERY 30 seconds, for hours.
Nothing we do fixes it. If we stop kerio it stops, but if we restart it it keeps restarting every 30 seconds....
Somehow, after some hours, it eventualy starts and doesn't restart for 1 or 2 hours, but then we have the problem again...

When will this end?
The customers are complaining and we don't know what to do...
We will probably start migrating users to Office 365 and end the kerio connect server...

Any idea on how to fix it? We don't have any message in the logs regarding to the process die. We can only see the new startup.

Downgrade to 9.2.3 an option?
  •  
scottwilkins

Jef Leroy wrote on Sun, 06 May 2018 09:15
No update AV BitDefender since 4 Days 11 Hours !!!
I have 6.2.6 P2 on Ubuntu 14.04

My AV has completely stopped working, again. This is getting out of hand IMHO.
  •  
pcardoso

In fact, that's what support told me to do...

I'm a bit afraid to lose mailboxes like someone has reported.
Our main idea for now is to create a new server (replica) and run the downgrade on it to see if all goes well.
  •  
ian.bugeja

The crash is likely from ActiveSync and some non-compliant emails being sent from different mobile devices patch with a variety of different mobile OSes.

To resolve the issue you can either disable ActiveSync or else downgrade to 9.2.5p3. Mailboxes should not be lost by downgrading.

Ian Bugeja
GFI Software
  •  
ToeiRei

I'm having two servers here, both pretty identical. One of them just got downgraded due to crashing every 5 minutes while the other one runs more or less fine but has less users, which leads me to the conclusion that it's got to be memory or traffic related...

Please stand by - the mailer daemon is busy burning your messages in hell.
  •  
pcardoso

Hi,

After almost one week with very few problems (one or two restarts a day and with about 3 days - weekend - without restart) this Monday we had lots of problems with it not working at all to all customers.
We decided to do the downgrade and since then, we didn't had any more problems.
We were a bit afraid of the downgrade after some reading here but we didn't face any problem at all neither we had to reconfigure any account.
We can say Kerio/GFI support were very helpful.
  •  
Jambo

Downgrade to 9.2.5 patch 3 (3336).
Lost 20 of 95 Mailboxes (they were empty). Think it has to do with defect Indexfiles.

Before you downgrade, stop all services, backup config files manualy, make a full backup with Kerio integrated Backup and hope that you donĀ“t need it...
  •  
Johan Gunverth

I noticed that Mac-servers with SSD storage didn't have any of the mentioned problems with 9.2.6p1 or p2, but HDD ones certainly did.
Previous Topic: 9.2.6 - when will be fixed ?
Next Topic: Release Notes KOFF updates
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 15 21:09:59 CEST 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.93361 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.