Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » SPAM with Reply-To and DSN notify
  •  
atomitech

Send a private message to this user
Sounds right. Thanks for taking the time out to test.

With regard including system msgs (like DSN, AV warnings, etc..) into the global msg filter, if occurred to me that could come with risks of creating a message loop with certain actions (such as forwarding the email to a local user and then matching on the same conditions, perhaps if only a subject match is used). That sort of potential complication could be why they were left off originally Smile

A safer/simpler approach might be to provide 2 tick boxes in the appropriate places. One to disable DSN (server delivery notification) for all messages associated to a domain, and the other to disable DSN's only for those messages detected as spam or failing any other security checks. (Although the later arguably might be best as the default behaviour anyhow, without need for a tickbox; and seemingly it almost is, just that those msgs classified as spam -but not blocked as spam- are not having the DSN's discarded).

OK, time to clear the mind of all this, and look forward to a possible future improvement.

Many thanks again Brian.
Great support as always.

[Updated on: Thu, 17 August 2017 17:30]

•  
paul_jcs

Hi

Did this ever get resolved?

I have a client running Kerio Connect 9.2.2 Patch 1. They are currently blacklisted on Barracuda but the only strange behaviour or the DSN report emails in the Message Queue.

The server has the same "Report: autoreply, User: Global deliver rule" in the Mail log for every email in the Message Queue.

Is there a way to disable DSN either in the web admin or mailserver.cfg file?
  •  
damjanh

I have the same trouble.
mail_report.cpp: Cannot open report file 'dsn-success' in language
  •  
guyhemmings

Have we a solution for the inability to DSNs going out from the KC server yet? As we know now, no method of rules is able to control the process.

The forum entry is 9 months old and there appears to be no update...

Guy
  •  
guyhemmings

Has anyone any news on this one. I can find no solution to stop KC from sending DSNs, and the question here seems unanswered after 9 months! Not looking good. The twitter feed does get any responses to queries, only seems to contain adverts from GFI for KC.

:-/

Guy

RadimAdmin wrote on Tue, 08 August 2017 21:29
Hi Brian,

we are not forwarding messages to any backend systems.

This issue is with delivery status messages to messages originally MARKED as possible SPAM, not REJECTED as SPAM. There are two threshold settings in SPAM section.

Secondary problem is: spammers are harvesting real addresses using DSN, because DSN to these messages contains real addresses, not aliases.

I think adding a funtionality to disable DSN for messages MARKED as possible spam might solve this issue. And of course adding possiblity to reject messages from domain without valid (or any) MX records. I am unaware of any legit mail from domain with A record only (without MX record).

Support ticket already posted, here is the progress:
1. asking for license number - SENT
2. waiting for 2 days
3. asking for logs and messages samples - SENT
4. waiting for 3 days for answer...

Previous Topic: Lost folder hierarchy
Next Topic: Relay setting ignored
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 21 09:35:59 CEST 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 1.49718 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.