Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Problems installing Kerio VPN Client under 64bit ubuntu distribution. (Kerio VPN Client installation problem.)
  •  
AFA

Send a private message to this user
I have a problem installing the Kerio VPN Client on my ubuntu laptop. I downloaded the deb package from the official Kerio web site. The package I downloaded is:

kerio-control-vpnclient-9.2.7-2921-linux-amd64.deb

My ubuntu distribution is:

Linux ISU-NB-00112 4.15.0-34-generic #37-Ubuntu SMP Mon Aug 27 15:21:48 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

When I try to install the package with the command:

sudo dkpg -i kerio-control-vpnclient-9.2.7-2921-linux-amd64.deb

I get the following error messages:

------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------------
(Reading database ... 170569 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack kerio-control-vpnclient-9.2.7-2921-linux-amd64.deb ...
Failed to stop kerio-kvc.service: Unit kerio-kvc.service not loaded.
invoke-rc.d: initscript kerio-kvc, action "stop" failed.
dpkg: warning: old kerio-control-vpnclient package pre-removal script subprocess returned error exit status 5
dpkg: trying script from the new package instead ...
Failed to stop kerio-kvc.service: Unit kerio-kvc.service not loaded.
invoke-rc.d: initscript kerio-kvc, action "stop" failed.
dpkg: error processing archive kerio-control-vpnclient-9.2.7-2921-linux-amd64.deb (--install):
new kerio-control-vpnclient package pre-removal script subprocess returned error exit status 5
update-rc.d: warning: start and stop actions are no longer supported; falling back to defaults
Failed to start kerio-kvc.service: Unit kerio-kvc.service is not loaded properly: Exec format error.
See system logs and 'systemctl status kerio-kvc.service' for details.
invoke-rc.d: initscript kerio-kvc, action "start" failed.
‚óŹ kerio-kvc.service - Kerio Control VPN Client
Loaded: error (Reason: Exec format error)
Active: inactive (dead)

Sep 13 13:46:59 ISU-NB-00112 systemd[1]: /lib/systemd/system/kerio-kvc.service:13: Executable path is not absolute: pkill -SIGHUP kvpncsvc
Sep 13 13:46:59 ISU-NB-00112 systemd[1]: /lib/systemd/system/kerio-kvc.service:13: Executable path is not absolute: pkill -SIGHUP kvpncsvc
Sep 13 13:47:00 ISU-NB-00112 systemd[1]: /lib/systemd/system/kerio-kvc.service:13: Executable path is not absolute: pkill -SIGHUP kvpncsvc
Sep 13 13:47:00 ISU-NB-00112 systemd[1]: /lib/systemd/system/kerio-kvc.service:13: Executable path is not absolute: pkill -SIGHUP kvpncsvc
dpkg: error while cleaning up:
installed kerio-control-vpnclient package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
kerio-control-vpnclient-9.2.7-2921-linux-amd64.deb
------------------------------------------------------------ ----------------------------------

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

A.F.Ates
  •  
pfinardi

I have the same error using Ubuntu 18.04.

I also tried with the beta version (kerio-control-vpnclient-9.2.7-2895-b1-linux-amd64.deb) but it's the same.

Any helps?
  •  
DostalTomas

I too experience this problem.
I need Kerio Connect for my work and this bug is fatal for me.
If you getting error messages about kerio every time you install new software,
try this workaround. This solution doesn't fix this problem, but removes annoying errors with postinstall scripts.

cd /var/lib/dpkg/info/ && \
sudo rm -rf kerio* && \
sudo apt install -f

Pls, need to fix ASAP.

Thank you,
Tomas
  •  
ssh

Same here!
This forum thread was started 18 days ago! and there are also other reports on other sites:
askubuntu.com/questions/1079304/kerion-vpn-control-installat ion-error
ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2402815
wyldeplayground.net/kerion-vpn-control-installation-error/

So C'mon kerio people move your a** I don't think fixing a simple bug takes 18 days!
People are using your product, give some support for gods sake.
  •  
ian.bugeja

This issue is fixed in Kerio Control 9.2.8 BETA 1

Ian Bugeja
GFI Software
  •  
DostalTomas

Thank you for fixing.

Best Regards,
Tomas
Previous Topic: Redirect HTTP to HTTPS
Next Topic: Unable to get address where to send failure notification
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Dec 12 11:07:05 CET 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 1.42985 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.