Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » News and NNTP
  •  
leda

Send a private message to this user
We use Kerio Winroute Firewall 6.0.1 and Kerio Mail Server 6.0.0. I can't subscribing users on news from news servers. We use MS Otlook Express for access to news servers (It's based on NNTP protocol). I use KWF like non transparent proxy server. I make traffic policy and HTTP policy for access to this NNTP servers, but it's does not working. Users can't have connect to any NNTP servers in Internet. Users got message: "Can't found server" (server:forums.hq.1c.ru, protocol:NNTP, port:119, SSL:0, code:800ccc0d). Thank you for help. Denis
  •  
wiper

u might consider an upgrade to KWF ver 6.0.9 and KMS 6.0.6
  •  
feite

NNTP protocol is not the same as HTTP. HTTP is used for browsing, NNTP is used for news.

Create a traffic rule:

name: NNTP
source: LAN
destination: internet
service: NNTP
action: allow
logging: connection and packets (packets only for testing)
translation: source nat, default outgoing interface

Users on machines in the lan can now read news. If you want to give the users access to only one news server replace the destionation with the FQDN of the newssever (host: forums.hq.1c.ru). In that case users can only access that specific news server.
  •  
leda

It's does not working. Users got message "Can't found server", like it was. May be something else?
  •  
mkerr

I have 2 traffic rules for NNTP - one for external NNTP access, the other to access the NNTP server within KMS from the net.

In your NAT rules, you should add the rule as feite outlined (the source will be your intranet, the destination will be your outgoing interface to the net. Works for me.

M
Previous Topic: Serious flaw in v 6.0.9
Next Topic: How to prevent user to download specific file type
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 30 17:38:20 CET 2014

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02128 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.