Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » 5.3.0 Mailbox alias could not be expanded
  •  
sschaetz

Send a private message to this user
I've done a bunch of searches and created a support ticket a day ago, but I'm wondering if anyone has a concrete solution to this issue (as it is a known Kerio issue).

Right now, half of our users are using Kerio 6.3, and the other half are using Exchange 2003. Kerio acts as the main MX server for all incoming mail. If the user is on Exchange, it forwards the mail over to Exchange. It works pretty well.

Lately, a few domains that are emailing use (qwest.net being one) get a bounced message that says "#5.3.0 SMTP; 550 5.3.0 Mailbox alias could not be expanded". The same message in the Kerio log looks like this: "Result: failed, Status: 5.1.8 501 5.5.4 Invalid Address".

I've done a lot of research, and it comes down to their email server being improperly configured.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291828

Every time I do a DNS check on an offending domain, it usually shows a warning under "Mail server host name in greeting".

I've performed KB 291828 from Microsoft on our Exchange server, which works if the person sends directly to the exchange server (ie <_a.t_>exchange.domain.com).

So what's the deal with the Kerio server. Anyone have a guess on how to fix it?
  •  
scottwilkins

We started seeing this error right after our 6.4.0 update. Doesn't happen a lot, and so far only between internal users (user to user e-mail). Doesn't stop the message either, as the recepient does get the message intact. Just annoying for us right now.
  •  
sschaetz

scottwilkins wrote on Thu, 31 May 2007 20:04

We started seeing this error right after our 6.4.0 update. Doesn't happen a lot, and so far only between internal users (user to user e-mail). Doesn't stop the message either, as the recepient does get the message intact. Just annoying for us right now.

Interesting.

We are at 6.3.0, and it happens consistently from certain external domains only. Also, the message does not go through.

We probably have totally different issues, but we have the same error codes.
  •  
sschaetz

Well, since my Kerio subscription expired, Kerio is refusing to support me for this issue -- even though it is a known issue as reported by them on this message board.

Nice.

Any replies on how to fix this will be greatly appreciated.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

sschaetz wrote on Thu, 31 May 2007 23:42

Well, since my Kerio subscription expired, Kerio is refusing to support me for this issue -- even though it is a known issue as reported by them on this message board.

Nice.

Any replies on how to fix this will be greatly appreciated.

I'm not aware of any note that this is a known issue. Where did you read it?
From the first post it is clear that Internet Hostname in KMS is incorrectly configured.

Knowledge Base: http://kb.kerio.com/.
Looking for technical support? http://www.kerio.com/support
  •  
sschaetz

[Updated on: Fri, 01 June 2007 17:17]

•  
scottwilkins

Seems there may be multiple "issues" here with similar errors. Ours is just the "#5.3.0 SMTP; 550 5.3.0 Mailbox alias could not be expanded" error, and within the same domain, not externally sent e-mails. None of the solutions here were much help for that yet, but very appreciated though. (I know I know, file a support ticket...)
Previous Topic: ASyncKeyDatabase.cpp: ActiveSyncKeyDatabase::Load: Unable to open synckeydb
Next Topic: KMS scaling??
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Sep 23 06:16:32 CEST 2014

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03589 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.