Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Disable transparent proxy
  •  
gert

Send a private message to this user
Hi people,

Does anyone know how to disable or completely bypass the transparent proxy?

At the moment I can't get Windows Update or my Internet banking working, except on the firewall host, and I think I have the problem narrowed down to the transparent proxy.

The only way I have found to get around the transparent proxy is by using the non-transparent proxy which I would rather not use since it forces all browser traffic on the whole LAN to abide by the traffic policy rules set up for the firewall host (which differs from the rules set up for the workstations).

Basically, all I want is just 100% transparent NAT and normal firewall functionality for a small LAN, in other words no interfering with traffic other than what is set up in the traffic policy rules. I have no need for HTTP caching or content filtering.
  •  
gert

Send a private message to this user
For anyone reading this with the same problem...

igormsk informed me that setting/lowering your MTU registry setting as described in this guide http://www.kerio.com/us/supp_wrp_pppoe.html might help. And he was right.

Just keep in mind that your max MTU might be somewhere between 1472 and 1400, so it might be worth trying out a few more values in between. Also, you should add 28 to the result from the ping test for the registry setting to allow for IP and ICMP headers.

And finally, if you already have the MTU set in the registry that will cap you ping test even if your connection can handle more, so set it to 1500 before you begin testing.
Previous Topic: Re: KWF 5.1.9 & Microsoft Asheron's Call
Next Topic: Change the web interface?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 07:20:30 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00351 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.