Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » web cam help
  •  
xpertjm

Send a private message to this user
plz can anyone help how to disable if it's possible to disable users from using the webcam via msn and yahoo. ?

thx.

sorry for double posting, i'm new here.

[Updated on: Fri, 27 October 2006 10:44]

•  
winkelman

All p2p traffic (text or webcam) flows over the same port, so without smart proxies it will not be possible (AFAIK) to block webcams in these programs without blocking chatting.
  •  
xpertjm

ok u mean in kerio winroute firewall i can't disable users from using webcam without disabling chat ?

did some google search anf got up with that :

port 6901 is for video conferencing TCP and UDP

isn't this one enough itself ?

thx any help would be appreciated . Smile
  •  
winkelman

These instant messengers are difficult to control. Besides blocking the entire program (by not allowing connections to the 'login servers') I wouldn't know.

It's trial and error. Just try stuff and see what works. If your info is correct, simply block port 6901 and see what happens.
  •  
xpertjm

sorry for this question but i'm not knowing how to close this port. could u plz show me how ?

hope i'm not a bother.

thx.

[Updated on: Wed, 01 November 2006 16:19]

•  
winkelman

Create a Traffic Policy that denies traffic to this port (see the manual).
  •  
kaiser

i know how to block voice and webcam.but the thing is this im totally new to this and i dont know hot to explain it.
Previous Topic: traffic out of the ports specified in P2P Eliminator counts as P2P services in statistics
Next Topic: Sharing Tips on Changing de WEB Interface Files
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 10:38:18 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00555 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.