Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Switching to POP
  •  
mcw82

Send a private message to this user
We want to move our mail over to POP mode. Users have been unhappy with some of the missing functionality in regular smtp mode. What is the best way to transition to POP? Will webmail still work? Can I still archive incoming/outgoing emails? I'm hoping it's simple as exporting users' emails from Outlook to a .pst file, enabling POP, and reconfigure Outlook again. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  •  
KCAP

Switching is as simple as you describe,
only you lose a lot of functions,
web mail works, only your pop users wont be able to see old mails who are already downloaded to the local machine.
planning a meeting (calender wont work for the whole office together)
and maybe some more...

Greeting
Teun

Teun
KCAP [NL]
  •  
mcw82

This is something we're willing to lose until they improve KOC. Many of my users depend on syncing and receiving email on their PDA's, so I've been getting some flak for this.

Hopefully in the near future, we can revert back to KOC. As for webmail, I'm assuming if I enable the option to leave email on the server for X many days in Outlook, users can still see a portion of their old mails.

Thanks for your comments.
Previous Topic: mailing list and public folders
Next Topic: {pop3c} Receiving already in progress
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 22:34:12 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00361 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.