Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Credibility?
  •  
tohotom

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

I have recently started evaluating Exchange-alternatives, and eventually came across Kerio MailServer as well. This may come as a shock to some, but I actually started by reading the documentation.

Much to my horror.

The "Kerio MailServer6 Administrator's Guide 1997-2006 Kerio Technolgies, Release Date: July 10, 2006", on page 80, states that

Quote:

Kerberos 5
Kerberos is a protocol used for authorization and authentication. It secures network traffic. Kerio MailServer uses it to authenticate users against the Kerberos server (e.g. in Active Directory)

(Emphasis mine.)

Given that KMS seems to be a product being on the market for quite some time, and also given that Kerio, besides KMS, has other security-related products, including a VPN solution, this single paragraph immediately raised a big red "you should be getting the hell out of here, right now, and fast!" sign. The way it looks from where I sit is that Kerio either has serious fundamental problems with fundamental security concepts (I would like to believe this is not the case), or Kerio has serious fundamental problems with quality management.

I can not decide which is more scary to a potential customer (that would have been me).

What do others have to say about this?
  •  
hmmfe

While it is worded incorrectly, any person of at least normal intelligence would understand the meaning by reading the preceding and following sentences.

Is your evaluation methodology really all about looking for editing errors in the documentation? If so, there is probably no suitable solution for you.

•  
Kerio_ktrumbull

I will bring this to the attention of our documentation team.

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
Previous Topic: Faxing through kerio
Next Topic: SSL Certificate Support
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 25 02:53:06 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00382 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.