Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » upnp does not work and cant see my message in fourm
  •  
buggs1a

Send a private message to this user
where are my messages in the forum? i just posted one earlier and it's not in here. submit went fine.

upnp is enabled and i installed utorrent on pc which is the host, same pc as winroute. it is set up to do upnp as you all may know if you use utorrent. well it's done nothing at all to winroute.
  •  
winkelman

If you are running utorrent on the same machine as winroute, you do not need upnp.

Besides, upnp support in KWF is AFAIK limited to working correctly with MSN Messenger, it's not a full, proper upnp implementation.
  •  
buggs1a

Thanks for responding.
What is AFAIK?
Why would I not need UPnp on the winroute firewall machine? Utorrent was not open. So I would need upnp or a port forward at least.

and why is it i can hardly ever find anything i post when i post something? it's never showing up in the forum like my posts swork in all other forums. i have to search for posts by today or whatever. it's not right.

anyhow kerio on the phone told me you have to enable upnp as a traffic policy, but that still did not work.
  •  
winkelman

AFAIK = As Far As I Know

And: uPnP is a protocol/technology so applications can request dymanic port maps through the firewall (so you do not have to create the port maps manually). But since you are running utorrent on the firewall itself, no ports need to be mapped (traffic only has to flow to the firewall, not through, thus no port maps are needed in this case).

[Updated on: Thu, 02 November 2006 14:10]

•  
buggs1a

and why is it i can hardly ever find anything i post when i post something? it's never showing up in the forum like my posts swork in all other forums. i have to search for posts by today or whatever. it's not right.

can someone please tell me why to the above question? i don't see my posts. i have this thread bookmarked and nothing shows up unless i clikc show todays posts or something. in all other forums messages just pop up.

utorrent says port is not forwarded, meaning closed. so it's not open as it should be. so there still would have to be upnp/port forwarding.
  •  
winkelman

Did you see my reply about unpn and that it's not important in situations where you run apps on the firewall itself?
Previous Topic: lan pc can not go online
Next Topic: traffic out of the ports specified in P2P Eliminator counts as P2P services in statistics
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 20:44:01 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00503 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.