Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Sharing Tips on Changing de WEB Interface Files
  •  
leodf

Send a private message to this user
Hi folks,

I've been changing the files that refers to the web interface (kerio_dir\weblang\en.res) and I'm looking for more users that have been doing this too to share new ideas and tips.

I started changing those files because my users have a terrible English, but after that I wanted to put more information, and after that I started including new functions, interacting with the "winroute database"... it is sooo cool what I can do that I'm looking for new ideas.

Has anyone here ever changed those files?
If yes... what have you beeing doing guys?

Some stuffs about what I've been looking:
--> Most of the "interactions" use javascript, but I've been thinking to include a real database to work together.

1) I use the variables ($USER, $FULLNAME, $IPADDR...) to interact with the kerio database to manage information to the exact person, and it depending on the user who is accessing the website I can decide to show or not a specific information;

2) I use external files to give more details, so I don't need to make the "en.res" too big;

3) I loved the way I can hanndle the "local ip" (using the $USER or $IPADDR) and identify the users, so I can decide show some information to one but not to another.

This is a good idea to Kerio development team, they should allow us to create "small scripts" with automatic actions on pre-determined events... does anyone worked with the "Remote" option on mIRC while you were an teenager?

For example:
- if (day_quota(user) > x) then include_user on group(xxxx);
- if (speed(user) > x) then block services of user(xxxxx);

if someday kerio gets to this level ... it will be the BEST firewall ever made !!!!!

Let's see if I find other crazy people that like playing the deeper configuration Smile

Big hugs and drop your ideas here, let's share !!!

Leo
Previous Topic: web cam help
Next Topic: Kerio Winroute Firewall with others
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 21:30:53 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00333 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.