Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Non-wrapping domain footer...
  •  
winkelman

Send a private message to this user
We append a domain footer to all outgoing messages. I've noticed earlier that this footer text is not wrapped in the receivers email program. (Well, not in the Outlook 2003 I'm testing with anyways.)

Now I noticed this bug-fix in the 6.3.0:
* Footer text in domain dialog is now wrapped automatically (problems with large footers without carriage returns in Apple Mail).

I just updated to 6.3.0 and regretfully I still get a non-wrapping footer:

[img]http://www.okuraplaza.nl/temp/Non-wrapping-footer.jpg[/img]

Is this 'normal' or is something going haywire here?

PS: Why aren't the img-tags working?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Well, description in change log is not quite correct. Domain and mailing list footer was automatically wrapped on editation in the Administration Console. However, it was still one long line. This caused problems when viewing such email with HTML body in Apple Mail because the client does not wrap text in HTML (others do). So we changed the edit box in the Administration Console to show 'real' footer formatting.

Because of many customer requests, footer is not (and wasn't ever) automatically formatted. Footer is fully opened for customizations, including word wrapping as well as empty lines or other formatting (business cards, postal addresses etc.).

[Updated on: Wed, 08 November 2006 20:41]

•  
winkelman

Kerio_pdobry wrote on Wed, 08 November 2006 20:40

Footer is fully opened for customizations, including word wrapping as well as empty lines or other formatting

Thanks for your reply.

Can you explain? I've never been able to format the footer (using HTML tags). This did/does work for personal email signatures, but not for the domain footer. (I must confess haven't tried it anymore for the last couple of KMS versions.)
  •  
anthony.somerset

is there any update on this.

would like to know if it is possible to format the domain footer even if only basically

if so is there a how to somewhere?

Mac Xserve Intel - 2x 2.7GHz Dual Core Xeon
Leopard 10.5.8
4GB Ram
1.25 TB HDD Raid 5
Kerio 6.7.1
~60 Users (varying windows and mac Exchange or IMAP)
18 iPhones
  •  
winkelman

anthony.somerset wrote on Tue, 18 November 2008 17:14

is there any update on this.

would like to know if it is possible to format the domain footer even if only basically

if so is there a how to somewhere?

Regretfully not possible. Many people would like it and have set so for many years, but obviously not enough people to get Kerio to implement it. Let's keep on requesting this feature (you have to file an official ticket to make it count).

Added:
The formatting Kerio_pdobry is talking about in the second post is the same formatting you can do in Notepad: press enter for a new line, press enter twice for an empty line, etc. WOW! Not. Razz

[Updated on: Tue, 18 November 2008 17:27]

•  
anthony.somerset

already have done

the way i read Kerio_pdobry's post was that the feature is there just not implemented in the admin program?

Mac Xserve Intel - 2x 2.7GHz Dual Core Xeon
Leopard 10.5.8
4GB Ram
1.25 TB HDD Raid 5
Kerio 6.7.1
~60 Users (varying windows and mac Exchange or IMAP)
18 iPhones
  •  
winkelman

anthony.somerset wrote on Tue, 18 November 2008 17:28

the way i read Kerio_pdobry's post was that the feature is there just not implemented in the admin program?

No, it really was meant as a "you can format as in Notepad". Back then (we're talking 2 years ago, and as you can see, I was the one opening this topic then) there was a problem that the footer would not 'wrap' in the receivers email program. The client automatically and dynamically wraps text based on the width of the email window (just as this web page does), but this would not happen for the footers sent by KMS. So: email text itself would wrap, but the footer part not. Looked strange.

This, Kerio_pdobry says, has led Kerio to implement the 'feature' you can 'format' the footer yourselve. Read: place manual 'new lines' (press enter) in the footer dialog, so the footer would not be a single long line to the receiver.
  •  
bwdnet

Seems that replacing all the spaces with a tab causes the footer to wrap correctly with the rest of the message. And the tabs show up as spaces in every client I've tried so far.
Previous Topic: Kerio mailserver move
Next Topic: Attachment Handling
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 11:27:36 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00480 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.