Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Dedicated IP Address
  •  
neophit

Send a private message to this user
I am trying to create a set of rules that will allow a server inside my network to send/receive via a specific IP. Here is what I have tried doing so far.

Rule #1
Source: 10.0.1.2 (Internal Server)
Destination: Internet
Service: Any
Translation: Source: External IP

Rule #2
Source: Internet
Destination: External IP
Service: Any
Translation: Destination: 10.0.1.2 (Internal Server)

It seems as if the data is being sent out on the External IP, but it does not return. The KWF server has been assigned two IP addresses.

Is there something else I need to do?
  •  
neophit

Does anyone have any idea what I am trying to do? Do I need to be more specific or make any clarifications?
  •  
neophit

Apparently, the topic of this post should be 'Advanced NAT' rather than 'Dedicated IP Address'.

I have another question. Let's say I have created the following rule:

Destination: Firewall
Service: eDonkey, AIM, MSN
Action: Accept
Translation: MAP 10.0.1.3

Which port, if any, will the packets from each service be mapped to if no destination port is specified in the translation?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

neophit wrote on Tue, 24 February 2004 01:33

Apparently, the topic of this post should be 'Advanced NAT' rather than 'Dedicated IP Address'.

I have another question. Let's say I have created the following rule:

Destination: Firewall
Service: eDonkey, AIM, MSN
Action: Accept
Translation: MAP 10.0.1.3

Which port, if any, will the packets from each service be mapped to if no destination port is specified in the translation?

If no destination port is specified in the translation, the destination port in packets will not change (only destination address is translated). If you specify destination port, all packets to all specified services will be mapped to this port.
Previous Topic: Dial-up Interfaces Configuration
Next Topic: Failover parameters
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 25 00:58:10 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00388 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.