Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » how to Install KMS on Localhost?
  •  
S.T.A.R.S #8482;

Send a private message to this user
Hello KMS Team, and just everyone ;

I just installed "Apache Software Foundation" so I can have a Localhost server :)

well, I installed KMS on my machine, and this machine doesnt have a web server or any kind of servers at all, it's just a personal computer of my own, and I decided to try out the KMS on it.

when in the installation process it asked me to enter the server details (i.e: domain.com - and mail.domain.com) so I found that Localhost is already entered on the first place, and I just entered in the second place "for the mail server" (mail.localhost)

the problem is that I can access my localhost, and the local forum "phpbb" and just everthing. but I dont know how to run the mail.localhost..!!!

when I type in my browser: mail.localhost it says canot display page, and I know it's gonna do this, but I just dont know how to install KMS to my localhost and make it running.

I dont know how to make "mail" before "localhost" to be mail.localhost???!!!

I'm not experienced in all this, but if anyone here kindly willing to guide me through this, I'll appreciate it so much.

how to add mail.localhost to my localhost, like how to make this possible?

I tried searching the forum for an answer but I wasn't lucky enough to see a similar case like mine, so I'm sorry again if my request seems so "NOOB", I'm still at school but I'm willing to learn if anyone could help me through this.

thank you very much in advance for your Patience and time.

Ignorance is a Bless
  •  
AEHimself

Hello,

I think it's not KMS-releated. If you want to have a "link" named mail.xyz which points to your mail server, first you have to create a domain named "xyz" and install a server with the hostname "mail" and join it to the "xyz" domain. I hope it was clear enough...
If you simply want tu test it on your PC... use "localhost" as SMTP/POP3/IMAP/etc. server instead of mail.localhost
  •  
S.T.A.R.S #8482;

Hello AEHimself,

can you please tell me how to install a domain, and how to install a server to it?

as I said, I'm only using a localhost, so your idea is about forgetting about the localhost by installing a domain, and I believe this is gonna be some much work for me to just test stuff out?

I'm using windows xp pro sp2, I don't have any idea about how t setup a domain, or how to install a server to it, or even joining servers.

can you please guide me through this?

and please if there is any help regarding only working via the localhost environments I'll appreciate it so much, since I'm not well experienced with the domain things...

thanks again..

Ignorance is a Bless
  •  
AEHimself

Hello,

It's a bit complicated and I don't think this is the proper forum to dicuss it. Anyway, simply forget about using a WinXP machine as a DC... use 2k3 or 2k Server instead. They will support creating domains also :)
You can read lots of step-by-step howtos on the offical Micro$oft homepage about creating domains as well.
Previous Topic: Contact list showing duplicate names
Next Topic: webmail
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 02:57:29 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00365 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.