Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Two kerio accounts in one Outlook profile?
  •  
regald

Send a private message to this user
Hi.

I came around nicely configuring kerio, but there's one secret left: How can you set up a second kerio account inside one Outlook 2003 profile? When you try to do this, the assisent claims: "There's already one connection using kerio Connector, and no second one may be created." (BTW, in Entourage 2004, there's no problem setting up multiple Exchange/kerio accounts per Identity...)

Any idea?

Regards, Hannes
  •  
rencorp

I have a customer which is actually two companies run by the same MD. I installed Kerio for them last month, and had been wondering about this situation for some while.

As far as I am aware, it is not currently possible to have two accounts in the same Outlook profile - that's KOC accounts. What you could try is having one or both set up as POP3, but this loses all the nice bits about KOC.

I also tried setting the MD up with Firefox and having two tabs logging in to webmail as his two accounts. However, this also does not work as the browser will only take on the settings of the last account logged in to. Tech support in the UK told me that this had been flagged as a future feature.

I currently have the MD working with one account in Outlook using KOC and the other account accessed via webmail in Firefox. Boy does he moan about that.

Hopefully these featurs will be included in a Kerio release starting with a 3 and not a 4 ....

Gary
www.rencorp.co.uk

Kerio Certified Business Partner - Messaging
  •  
regald

You mean it is currently *not* possible to have two KOC accounts in one Outlook profile?

Hello, kerio team?! This is a *major* one! Groupware is quite useless if a user may only subscribe to just one account/project at a time.

Please, *please*, add this feature as soon as possible!

Hannes
  •  
microalps

Groupware idea is to be able to share folders, which you can easily, and view multiple accounts in the same profile. However, when you send, it will always send from the main profiles account, not the shared account. It would be a nice feature, but even Exchange doesn't support such a feature neatly (you have to set the from which you can do in Kerio as well)
  •  
regald

When using Entourage 2004, you may use as many POP/IMAP/Exchange accounts (or any combination of them) in your profile as you like. This is very useful, e.g. to have one account for personal mail, some other for certain projects etc.

Wenn you move inside the folders of one account, and reply to mail, then the sending account is set to the account you're currently in, which makes perfect sense.

This feature is currently absent with KOC, as only one account per profile is possible. Got my point?

Regards, Hannes
Previous Topic: Missing drafts / .fld files format
Next Topic: moving from remote dedicated to local Kerio
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 09:24:03 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00388 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.