Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » OS X 10.3 users caution before upgrading to KMS 6.3.0
  •  
mathieuf

Send a private message to this user
KMS 6.3.0 hits a bug in MacOS 10.3.x (client and server versions) that will cause it to crash regularly.
According to Kerio tech support the crash is caused by a memory leak in CarbonCore system library and, again according to them, only happens on servers that have a heavy load.
In our case we are running KMS on an XServe G5 running OS X Server 10.3.9 and it was crashing 1-2 times a day. The symptoms are that the VM allocation of the mailserver process keeps increasing until malloc fails and KMS crashes.
For some unknown reason the KMS watchdog process was not restarting KMS after a crash therefore when the problem happened our server was left down until someone manually restarted KMS. Not a good situation.
The only current fixes are downgrading to KMS 6.2.3, upgrading to OS X 10.4.x or periodically restarting KMS.

On another note, Kerio tech support has know about this since at least Monday and I'm disppointed they haven't posted a warning about this issue to the forum or the release notes.

[Moderator Edit: Made sticky for now until a workaround is released. See my reply a little lower in this thread for an explanation]

[Edit2: This issue has been worked around in Kerio MailServer 6.3.0 patch 2 which is available for download]

[Updated on: Sat, 02 December 2006 22:49] by Moderator

•  
timme

Thanks a lot for the warning. We use a Xserver g5 with 10.3.9 as server.

I'd prefer that kerio provide such critical bugs in some kind. Perhaps in a bug list or this forum.
  •  
Soup

I've just fallen fowl to this too, currently have 50 people hassling me because the mail server is down and it crashes within minutes of a restart.

Bad form if they did know about it!

I'm currently awaiting help from support.

Paul.

3 x Apple Xserve G5 DP2.3
1 x Apple Xserve RAID
40ish users
  •  
Soup

Thanks to prompt advice from Kerio UK support I've reverted to 6.2.3 now and all seems to be working again.

A nasty way to start the week though!

Paul.

3 x Apple Xserve G5 DP2.3
1 x Apple Xserve RAID
40ish users
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

This is due to a SIGNIFICANT bug in Apple OS X 10.3.x. The issue has been reported to Apple, and we are working very quickly to develop a workaround Apple's bug. More information will be posted as soon as it's available.

For reference, the Apple bug number is 4845757.

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
Previous Topic: Xen and Kerio - PHP problems.
Next Topic: "Mailbox alias cannot be expanded" problem
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 16:37:34 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00405 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.