Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Received time wrong on POP3
  •  
omcmotorgroup

Send a private message to this user
Hi all, we have just recently installed KMS and after a few teething troubles evrything seems to be working apart from this one problem. We are not using the Outlook connector yet for a few internal reasons but all clients using outlook have kerio set as a pop3 email account and this downloads their emails fine but it shows the received time is being 50 minutes late ie: you receive the mail at 5:00pm then outlook says you got it at 5:50pm, the sent times all show fine and the server and pc times are all set correctly.
If you connect through webmail the time shows correctly and it does not matter which version of windows or office you use.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks
Ant
  •  
microalps

The reason for this is Kerio places the time of the download instead of the time of the email header. If you just wish to 'fix' your import of emails, I have a script that can help you. It will take a few seconds, and your folder will be updated. Note, any flags, read status, etc. will be lost after applying this fix. PM me if you are interested.
  •  
omcmotorgroup

Thanks for the reply microalps. Our problem does not quite match what you said, if i send an email from an external email address at 5:00pm our mailserver downloads from the ISP at 5:05pm, then the client downloads it at 5:10pm, but the time shown for received is 6:00pm. The mailserver is scheduled to download every 5 minutes and the client downloads every 5 minutes also. But by the time the message reaches outlook 50 minutes has been added to its received time.

So sending a simple message only takes approximatly 10mins at most. Yet it says the received time is 50 minutes into the future.

•  
winkelman

Do all machines (sender, server, receiver) have proper time and time zone setup?
  •  
microalps

Proabably a time zone issue then
  •  
omcmotorgroup

Thanks for the ideas, I have checked time zones on all machines and they look ok, i did think about this one and i thought that if the time was out by an hour then it may be a time zone but i cant see any zone that is 50 minutes away from GMT. Its confusing that when viewed through webmail the times are ok its only when downloading into Outlook without the connector.
I installed the connector on one pc before i left work today and so far the time seems correct.
Previous Topic: moving from remote dedicated to local Kerio
Next Topic: Trouble with administration console FOR FIDORA CORE 3
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 16:37:24 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00432 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.