Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Can win with t span filter.
  •  
gradyvogt

Send a private message to this user
I have the current version of Kerio. I enabled the spam filter yet over 400 items of spam come in each day. Our custom spam list is HUGE. My reports show 53% spam and 47% real Email. Spam rating is enabled and it's set to 7. The SMTP server is blocking the ordb. Are there other black lists sites that are free and I can use them in the filter? I currently just have the defaults. Users are upset and so am I. Is this spam system worthy or do I need to ditch it and get something better like GFI mail essentials 9?
  •  
bperkins

I'm currently using these blacklists:

dul.dnsbl.sorbs.net
list.dsbl.org
ORDB
sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org

They are all free and they block a ton of spam. My spam went from 60% down to 20%. I also have my spam rating set to 2, but is probably too low for most sites. I set mine so low because it's easier to make whitelists with the filters than it is to try to block spam with the filters (in webmail-filters and notifications, not the built-in spam filter).

Hope this helps!

>
> I have the current version of Kerio. I enabled the spam filter yet over 400 items of spam come in each day. Our custom spam list is HUGE. My reports show 53% spam and 47% real Email. Spam rating is enabled and it's set to 7. The SMTP server is blocking the ordb. Are there other black lists sites that are free and I can use them in the filter? I currently just have the defaults. Users are upset and so am I. Is this spam system worthy or do I need to ditch it and get something better like GFI mail essentials 9?
>

•  
gradyvogt

Thanks,
I added those AND I added

dun.dnsrbl.net
spam.dnsrbl.net
unconfirmed.dsbl.org

I found them online. I hope this works!
  •  
bperkins

Look in your security logs. You should see rejections all over the place...or at least I do in mine.

>
> Thanks,
> I added those AND I added
>
> dun.dnsrbl.net
> spam.dnsrbl.net
> unconfirmed.dsbl.org
>
> I found them online. I hope this works!

Previous Topic: Install older version to new server
Next Topic: REQ: Kerio Mail Version 6
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 00:26:22 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00444 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.