Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio 6.3 BlackBerry OTA Sync
  •  
OOblik

Send a private message to this user
I see lots of discussion on the boards about Kerio OTA support for blackberries, and the 6.3 press release mentions activesync. Does Kerio 6.3 support OTA sync for blackberries?
  •  
winkelman

The discussion is about OTA sync on WM devices, not blackberries. It's 'blackberry-like' functionality with the new push possibilities, perhaps that's where your confusion stems from.

See KMS 6.3.0 release notes for supported mobile devices (Blackberry ain't one of them, helas).

[Updated on: Tue, 28 November 2006 10:08]

•  
Kerio_ktrumbull

Blackberry OTA sync is not supported...yet... Wink

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
OOblik

Sorry, for the uninformed question. How often does Kurio make releases? Quarterly? Yearly?
  •  
Brian (GFI/Kerio)

You can refer to our release history to get an idea
http://www.kerio.com/kms_history.html

Brian Carmichael
Instructional Content Architect
  •  
hd_admin

Any update on the status of Blackberry OTA sync?
  •  
tpalmer

Kerio_ktrumbull wrote on Tue, 28 November 2006 17:27

Blackberry OTA sync is not supported...yet... ;)

Now you're just teasing us...
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

Very Happy
Blackberry support is in the works, but I do not have a firm time when it will be available. Hopefully it should be soon.

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
giseburt

Good Day!

Just got a BlackBerry and I'm about ready to chuck it. (I've been a Palm user for years.) Any update on BlackBerry support? Will it sync "everything" (i.e. Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, Notes)???

Jim Giseburt

•  
giseburt

Good Day!

Just got a BlackBerry and I'm about ready to chuck it. (I've been a Palm user for years.) Any update on BlackBerry support? Will it sync "everything" (i.e. Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, Notes)???

I've tried to sync using Outlook and the BlackBerry provided sync, but their software doesn't seem to see the Kerio folders. I'm using the Kerio Outlook Connector.

Jim Giseburt

•  
synmoo

The BlackBerry Desktop Manager reads PST files. The KOC does not store it's data in this way (it stays on the server), which is why you cannot sync with the KOC.

You could use the KSP which will sync Contacts, Notes and Calendar items with your Outlook PST which BlackBerry Desktop Manager can read.
  •  
jeffleeismyhero

But KSP will not sync shared calendars or contacts...
  •  
willowsv

The Exchange OTA protocol wont sync shared contacts or calender not Kerio.

The reason being is WM devices only have 1 contact list and 1 calender per device.
  •  
jeffleeismyhero

I was speaking about not having shared calendars or contacts IN Outlook with KSP. It would be perfect if the plug-in could work with the shared items because then you would have cached mail, sync'd contact and calendars as well as shared items (in Outlook). The shared part is the only thing that is missing.
giseburt

Good Day!

I'm not getting warm fuzzies about the BlackBerry sync. Kerio staff remains quiet on the subject. Also, as I stated earlier, I've been a Palm user. I have at least seven years of stuff on my Palm (calendar, notes, contacts AND tasks). It doesn't appear that KSP syncs tasks (and I use those frequently). I have all my Palm info synced to the Kerio server. So, I can access it a bunch of ways, Outlook on Windows, iCal, Address Book and Mail or Thunderbird on OS X (I could even use Entourage...) or via the web on any platform (including a REAL operating system like Linux).

I just got the BlackBerry at work. Seems kinda cool. Just doesn't work well in this environment. I guess I'm going to tell the boss to get something else...

Jim Giseburt

Previous Topic: PushMail using KMS...
Next Topic: Auto-reply with AD integrated Groups
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 05:39:08 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00535 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.