Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Public folders and domains
  •  
kbechler

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I've got kerio mailserver with few domains. For now it is configured to use different public folders for different domains.

However, i need some folders to be visible in other domains too.
I've made some tests, and it looks to be working using symlinks directly on server filesystem (it is based on Fedora, so making symlinks is easy for me).

I cannot set it from kerio adm. console, but i can live with that. My question is: Won't it break server functionality? Is it safe to use such non-standard solution?

I cannot switch server to use global public folder, without dividing them into domains.

Regards,
Konrad
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

I strongly do not recommend it. It could broke server functionality and will probably cause inconsistency in the message store. You can lost all items from public folders.
  •  
kbechler

Hi,

So, is there any other way to archieve such functionality?

--
Konrad
  •  
baro

Hello,

again, is there a possibiltity? We have 8 Domains in the KMS. Need help.

Tom
  •  
kbechler

Hi,

I have no idea. Symlinks looks fine, but I do not want to test such things on production site.

I've made all public folders global for all domains and creted folders with names of my domains (1 folder for 1 domain). Each folder has its own access list with all users from given domain (+users, that should have access to all folders).

Maybe it is less elegant, than mixing public/local folders, put it works perfectly.

Regards,
Konrad
Previous Topic: Setting up half of domain
Next Topic: Outlook Connector and sync
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 08:24:10 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00383 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.