Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio MailServer Failed start LDAP Service
  •  
Ironman

Send a private message to this user
Hello Guys!

I decide to build a scenario for testing Kerio MailServer v6.2.3. Then i proceed to install a Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition with the Role of Domain Controller for testing.

Later i proceed to install the Kerio MailServer and i noticed that two services dont started running. these services are the LDAP and LDAP Sec. When i try to restart these services then comes the conflict. i saw that the ports that kerio needs to start this services are already used by the domain controller.

I want to know if Kerio can use another ports to work properly or if i can select another port for the Active directory LDAP service.

A friend told me that is not recommended to install Mail Server Systems on Domain Controllers. If it is correct, i want to know is ther is a possibility to configure this product on the same domain controller and the steps to make it work.

Waiting for some reply from you my friends!

Thanks,

Wilson Rodríguez
Information Security
Dominican Republic
  •  
winkelman

Do you really need Kerio's LDAP(S) service? Probably not (depends on your use of course), so you could probably safely disable LDAP(S).
  •  
Ironman

Well, i think not, but the Kerio's LDAP might be working to integrate this system with the active directory Schema.

One more question. Do y need to Install the Kerio Active Directory Extensions as a part of the implementation?

Wilson Rodríguez
Information Security
Dominican Republic
  •  
winkelman

Quote:

Kerio's LDAP might be working to integrate this system with the active directory Schema

I don't think AD integration has anything to do with Kerio's LDAP(S) service. You don't need Kerio's LDAP(S) for that.

Quote:

Do y need to Install the Kerio Active Directory Extensions as a part of the implementation?

Only if you want AD integration, not if you don't.
  •  
Ironman

Ok, I got it.

Thanks for your help.

Wilson

Wilson Rodríguez
Information Security
Dominican Republic
Previous Topic: how to send email to users in domain not hosted on kerio server
Next Topic: SPAM Cleaning
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 18:35:43 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00682 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.