Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » ahhhh, the peons are changing their passwords!
  •  
jasonjm

Send a private message to this user
how do i stop them?

they should not be allowed to do this is what the powers that be are telling me!

have a good one all!

•  
winkelman

How are they changing their passwords? Through (secure) Webmail? You can't disallow that.

I agree we as admins should be able to disallow users to change their own passwords. Before long they all have '123' as password, while I want to enforce a strong password policy.

Anyways: currently not possible.
  •  
microalps

If you know basic PHP / HTML you should be able to simply edit default/passwordEdit.php and express/funcSettings.inc files. Just look for the HTML for the password edit and comment it out replacing it with a note that passwords cannot be changed due to administrative reasons. If you need help with this, feel free to PM me.
  •  
Lyle M

We bind our Kerio accounts to our Open Directory. In OD we can set the password policies. Also, although I think there is a way to do it, I have never been able to change an OD user password via webmail. If you have any OS X servers, setting up OD is fairly easy.
I imagine the functionality is similar when binding to Active Directory, but likely more expensive and more difficult. ;-)

Regards,
Lyle
  •  
Nixs

When I try to change the password via HTTP it says it's not supported, and to use HTTPS. If I use reverse proxy and connect HTTPS and redirect to Kerio on HTTP, then I block the ability of users to change their password while still using encryption.

The change password box just comes up blank this way. It does not say to use HTTPS.
Previous Topic: Relay error?
Next Topic: Sending Kerio originated e-mails to filter MTA?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 04:53:25 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00424 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.