Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Remove Attachment
  •  
j.turley

Send a private message to this user
We are using Kerio and Entourage in IMAP mode and are trying to get user to be more responsible with email management - deleting personal stuff etc...

Entourage has a nice remove attachment feature but changes made to attachments aren't replicated on the server.

What gives?
  •  
sonofcolin

Remove attachment in Entourage only removes from local client machine, not the server. That's how it should work.
  •  
j.turley

I understand that, but if like us you are using Entourage in IMAP mode and want users to trim back their account using the remove attachment tool it seems should work server side also - after all the mail is server based.

I really don't understand what purpose the remove attachment tool does for local accounts when using IMAP. Why would you want to remove attachments from local only when using IMAP?
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

I believe the remove attachment only working for the local cache in Exchange mode is a limitation of Entourage. I believe if you were hooked up to an actual Exchange server, it would not remove the attachment from the server either, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
winkelman

(I would like the feature to remove attachments in Webmail...)
  •  
donrankine

<.a.t.>Kerio_ktrumbull

As a freelance IT bloke I have several clients using Kerio mail server with Entourage 2004 clients and IMAP accounts. Where the server is running on a Mac (OS X 10.3 & 10.4) then removal of attachments behaves correctly. However I have one client running Kerio on Windows XP(SP/2); attachments can not be removed using Entourage.

Logic tells me that there is not a 'limitation of Entourage'. Instead it appears that there is a better implementation of the server software for OS X than that for Windows. Maybe I am wrong but it looks like lazy testing by the developers.

I am going to test this issue using a Linux server and will post the result.
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

rankine wrote on Wed, 07 February 2007 03:34

<.a.t.>Kerio_ktrumbull

As a freelance IT bloke I have several clients using Kerio mail server with Entourage 2004 clients and IMAP accounts. Where the server is running on a Mac (OS X 10.3 & 10.4) then removal of attachments behaves correctly. However I have one client running Kerio on Windows XP(SP/2); attachments can not be removed using Entourage.

Logic tells me that there is not a 'limitation of Entourage'. Instead it appears that there is a better implementation of the server software for OS X than that for Windows. Maybe I am wrong but it looks like lazy testing by the developers.

I am going to test this issue using a Linux server and will post the result.

I didn't say anything about IMAP, I was referring to Entourage using WebDAV connected to a real Exchange server. I would be curious to know if the Remove Attachment thing works with WebDAV while connected to a real Exchange server.

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
Previous Topic: support for SAN/NAS external storage added ??
Next Topic: Fullfeatured Webadmin
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 20:39:17 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00383 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.