Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Running Admin on Vista
  •  
mjanssen

Send a private message to this user
Hai!

Is there a way to install the Admin Console of KMS on Windows Vista ?

The current release states during install:

"Kerio Mailserver Administration requires that your computer is running Windows 2000 (SP4), Windows XP (SP1) of Windows 2003 Server (SP1)"

And the installer exists when pressing the OK button.

Any ideas ?

Regards,

Martijn

[Updated on: Mon, 04 December 2006 12:21]

•  
Anonymous
I feel your pain. Unfortunately I haven't figured out how to make it work. I tried the compatibility wizard but that doesn't work. The .msi file that does that actual installing is loaded into memory. So while the file that you download will run in a different version of Windows, the .msi installer doesn't run in those parameters since it is a totally different process.
  •  
winkelman

I think I read somewhere that if you strip the actual installer from the msi file and run that, it will work... I'm not sure, but you could try it.
  •  
mjanssen

safesax2002 wrote on Wed, 06 December 2006 17:38

I feel your pain. Unfortunately I haven't figured out how to make it work. I tried the compatibility wizard but that doesn't work. The .msi file that does that actual installing is loaded into memory. So while the file that you download will run in a different version of Windows, the .msi installer doesn't run in those parameters since it is a totally different process.

I also tried that... But no go...
  •  
mjanssen

winkelman wrote on Thu, 07 December 2006 14:09

I think I read somewhere that if you strip the actual installer from the msi file and run that, it will work... I'm not sure, but you could try it.

I'm not really sure how to do that. With InstallShield or a simular tool ? I'm not really a crack in that field..
  •  
winkelman

Maybe I'm mistaken with the Kerio VPN Client on Vista, maybe that one can be installed by stripping the setup from the msi.

Good luck with your quest.

(I'm sure Kerio will release Vista support for it's client tools soon after Vista is publicly available, sometimes next February.)
  •  
campodoro74

Late reply but if you simply run the kerio-admin installer with /a as the commandline option, you bypass the OS check. The Admin console of 6.3.1 is now running on my Vista machine.
  •  
mjanssen

That was a great tip ! Works like a charm !
Previous Topic: Unable to get message queue
Next Topic: Missing IMAP folders
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 19:39:33 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00432 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.