Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Problem using iCal
  •  
mrfen

Send a private message to this user
I need some help accessing my Calendar. Right now, I have a calendar that is being sync'd with my smartphone in the directory Calendar. When I tried to sync with iCal, it always wants to append Frank.iCal on any directory I try to access. So, when I use http://mail.aocserver.com/ical/frank.nichols<.a.t.>aidoncall.com/Calendar, it creates a directory Frank.iCal in the directory Calendar. Calendar is the one I want to get to. Is there a way to stop this from happening -- appending the Frank.iCal at the end of the directory?
Thanks,
Frank
  •  
mrfen

This is an update to what I have tried so far. I changed the iCal calendar to be http://mail.aidoncall.com/ical, and then renamed the directory Frank.iCal, and did a symbolic link from Frank.iCal to Calendar. This seemed to work and the first time, I was able to sync. Then I went to my phone, and, to get rid of some duplications that happend in the process, I deleted one of the dups. Now I keep getting the following error from my phone: 0x85010014. When I look at the error logs, I am getting the following error: ASyncAirSync.cpp: ActiveSyncAirSyncCommand::InsertNewEvent: Unable to insert VEvent. Suggestions?
Thanks,
Frank
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

mrfen wrote on Sat, 09 December 2006 08:04

I need some help accessing my Calendar. Right now, I have a calendar that is being sync'd with my smartphone in the directory Calendar. When I tried to sync with iCal, it always wants to append Frank.iCal on any directory I try to access. So, when I use http://mail.aocserver.com/ical/frank.nichols<.a.t.>aidoncall.com/Calendar, it creates a directory Frank.iCal in the directory Calendar. Calendar is the one I want to get to. Is there a way to stop this from happening -- appending the Frank.iCal at the end of the directory?
Thanks,
Frank

This is correct. Apple iCal can subscribe or publish certain calendars from/to a remote location. Unfortunately, iCal subscribe/publish always whole calendar. This means that calendar published to KMS cannot be changed in WebMail (it is read-only) as it is always overwritten on next publishing.

You're trying to publish a calendar named Frank to the Calendar folder. Each calendar in iCal is published to KMS as a separate folder. This cannot be changed.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

mrfen wrote on Sat, 09 December 2006 17:44

This is an update to what I have tried so far. I changed the iCal calendar to be http://mail.aidoncall.com/ical, and then renamed the directory Frank.iCal, and did a symbolic link from Frank.iCal to Calendar. This seemed to work and the first time, I was able to sync. Then I went to my phone, and, to get rid of some duplications that happend in the process, I deleted one of the dups. Now I keep getting the following error from my phone: 0x85010014. When I look at the error logs, I am getting the following error: ASyncAirSync.cpp: ActiveSyncAirSyncCommand::InsertNewEvent: Unable to insert VEvent. Suggestions?
Thanks,
Frank

Please do not use symbolic links in the message store. It leads to troubles as you describe.
  •  
mrfen

ok, so I restored from a backup and I am working, again.

This begs the question as to how I can sync my iCalendar with my Calendar so that it will sync with my cellphone. I do have groupcal and are willing to use it -- but I cannot log in with it.

This is what I need to be able to do ---
Sync between iCal, Address Book and Mail on my Mac with the mail server, then be able to sync that with OTA Activesync on my Q.

Even if I need to write perl scripts to get them to work, I would be willing to do that.

Thanks,
Frank
  •  
fsa3394

Bump

I'm the exact same situation. We are roughly 10 people and we don't want to have to buy Office 2004 just to be able to sync our Macs with our PDAs. There has to be a way...

[Updated on: Tue, 12 December 2006 14:23]

•  
mrfen

I agree --- one of the reasons that I am thinking of buying Kerio's mail server is that I expected it to interface better with the Mac.

Address Book is working very nicely --- if I can just get iCal to sync, I would have everything that I need.

Previous Topic: Automatization
Next Topic: Office / Outlook 2007 Support
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 08:53:46 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00445 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.