Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio and NOD32 on desktop lockups (KOC)
  •  
Nixs

Send a private message to this user
We are moving our users from an IBM POP3 server to Kerio 6.3.

We run NOD32 2.5 / 2.7 on our desktops. With EMON (Outlook monitor) enabled as we always have had it, Outlook locks up receiving e-mail from Kerio. This is true if I use POP3 or POP3s. This is true if I use KOC unencrypted, however if I use encryption KOC seems ok. In every case, KOC is installed - even POP3.

If I disable EMON while Outlook is locked, Outlook unlocks and completes. Then I can enable EMON and everything is fine, though slow, until I get a large quantity of e-mails which seems is the key to the lockups.

I don't want to turn of EMON. For example, I want Nod32 to MAPI scan things users have downloaded to their PST with the newer antivirus signatures so that I may have a better chance of catching 0 day worms.

So my question is who should I query to fix this? How can I determine if this is NOD32 hanging Outlook, or Kerio? NOD32 works fine with my IBM POP3 server..???
  •  
microalps

Kerio support recommends disabling all plugins, add-ons, etc. in Outlook. I guess you could contact Kerio, but I don't know if they'll support it. Good luck!
  •  
Nixs

Well, that won't work. I use other IMAP/POP3 servers - not just the one Kerio one. So I want antivirus to run against these other servers. I also use other plugins such as PGP.

Anyway, Nod32 2.7 did a 6MB upgrade and so far so good.
Previous Topic: KOC Undo Delete Items from the Inbox
Next Topic: Active Directory intigration
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 14:19:45 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00352 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.