Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Virus in the Kerio box ?!?
  •  
alexbromo

Send a private message to this user
Some days ago are begun to arrive daily a lot of messages from my Kerio Winroute Firewall to my postmaster's address like this:

Object: Kerio WinRoute Firewall delivery failure notification.

Kerio WinRoute Firewall was unable to deliver message. Remote server's reply:
550 Error: Attachment type not allowed. File "message.scr" has the unacceped extension "scr"
Message headers follow:
Received: from Spooler by mydomain.com(Mercury/32 v4.01a) ID MO000433;
20 Oct 2006 11:29:55 +0200
Received: from spooler by mydomain.com(Mercury/32 v4.01a); 20 Oct 2006 11:29:33 +0200
From: Mail Delivery System <postmaster<.a.t.>mydomain.com>
To: crisba_mn<.a.t.>libero.it
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 11:29:18 +0200
Subject: Mancata consegna / delivery failure notification
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: Multipart/Report; boundary=Part_Boundary-A957F5F
Message-ID: <A95BAB73773<.a.t.>mydomain.com>

Besides I do not know who is crisba_mn<.a.t.>libero.it.

A'm shure that this message (and others) comes from my Kerio firewall box(i have setup the SMTP relay on it), so it seems that it try to send very much virus messages with a virus !!!

Some minutes ago I performed an on-line scan using Bitdefender and Trendmicro online scanner without results: the system seems to be clean. Confused

Can i install an antivirus (like AVG Network Edition that i allready have got) and perform a scan without compromise the Kerio's operation ?

Alex.

[Updated on: Wed, 13 December 2006 13:43]

•  
an2ny79

Send a private message to this user
Maybe you are barking at the wrong tree.. You said you setup relay on that box, therefore you better check the client who use your SMTP server. Also, make sure you don't do open relay as you could be a target of SPAMMERS...

Scan SMTP traffic too.. check AntiVirus options in your KWF console.
Previous Topic: Yahoo! Mail Not Working
Next Topic: only 2 probs with kerio winroute firewall
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 22:02:27 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00384 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.