Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Other functionality differences - KOC vs Outlook->Exchange?
  •  
MichaelOK

Send a private message to this user
Is there a thread or list anyone is aware of that details the functionality differences we would be looking at in migrating from Outlook->Exchange to Outlook->KOC w/KMS? I've seen the search/filter difference, and the issue with grouping contacts, but is there anything else the average customer should be aware of in terms of functionality differences? I'd hate to get us migrated to KMS and a week later find something important. On paper KMS looks like a fantastic alternative that we're pretty excited about, but the filtering and limited search issue sort of threw a wrench into things.
  •  
microalps

There is no cached mode. This is important if you plan on allowing people to work from home, etc. and offer Outlook support.

I noticed you can't group emails (such that it says Today, Yesterday, Tuesday, Last Week, ....)

The KMS Server must be in LAN. KMS is not bandwidth conserving.

Outlook Filter Rules do not work. KOC offers an alternative interface.

You cannot delegate users to send on your behalf. They can send with ANYTHING in the from address, even support<.a.t.>microsoft.com!

I'm sure there are many more...

But on the plus side, spam filtering is much better, with Bayesian learning and a spam / not spam button...
  •  
tpalmer

KOC performance is slower than Outlook/Exchange, esp as message count in inbox gets high.

I don't know that KOC performance over WAN is any worse than Outlook/Exchange, but I haven't used Exchange2003's newer features. I have 20 users on a 10Mb/s connected remote office, and their KOC performance is just barely acceptable.

No single instance storage of attachments

Built in backup works, but no GUI for restore. Also, no real "Brick level" restore. Its possible, but painful.

I thought there was a "Send on Behalf of", but I can't find it, and we've never tried to use it.
Previous Topic: Over-the-air Activesync with Public Folders
Next Topic: KOC Undo Delete Items from the Inbox
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 02:43:34 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00352 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.