Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Active Directory intigration
  •  
Nixs

Send a private message to this user
All of our users login codes on the domain are in a different format than that of their e-mail address.

For this example, my login code is domain1\DoeJohn aka

DoeJohn<.a.t.>domain1.com (active directory account)

However my e-mail address is actually

JDoe<.a.t.>domain2.com.

So when I enable a Kerio user as mail enabled, it automatically setups up their e-mail address as DoeJohn<.a.t.>domain1.com

But we don't own domain1.com, someone else does. The domain name was setup long before we ever had Internet or E-mail.

We own domain2.com. His e-mail is JDoe<.a.t.>domain2.com.

How can we resolve this?

What we have done is aliased the entire domain to allow domain2.com. And we have setup the special reply to address as JDoe<.a.t.>Domain2.com.

But Kerio doesn't look at the special e-mail reply to address everywhere.

For example, when I send e-mail from my phone using active sync, the FROM is DoeJohn<.a.t.>domain2.com I don't understand that. Why domain2 in this one case? We do not have the combination of their domain user id with their e-mail domain name setup ANYWHERE in Kerio. Where is it grabbing that from? It's not valid.

If I hit reply, it does reply to my special reply to address, however if I add this contact to my contact list it adds the e-mail address as DoeJohn<.a.t.>domain2.com, not JDoe<.a.t.>domain2.com. So the users emails are non delivered.

So how do I fix this?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Email domain defined in KMS does not need to be same as AD domain. Why don't you just define domain2.com as an email domain in KMS that contains users mapped from AD domain1.com?
  •  
Nixs

This is how it is setup.

The domain is "domain2.com" which has "Active directory is different from this mail domain name" selected. and is mapped to domain1.com

But domain1.com still shows up in Kerio via the AD plugins & on the webmail.

One thing that seems odd is that in the Active Directory extensions, it says <.a.t.>domain1.com. I just noticed if I go into Kerio itself, it has <.a.t.>domain2.com for the user's domain. Odd.

And the user code being different than the e-mail address is a big issue too. Can I change the default? Can I remove the usercode<.a.t.>domainx.com and just have e-mailaddress<.a.t.>domain2.com?

I guess the question really is this..?;

Can Kerio be setup so that it uses the special reply to address everywhere, and not the userPrincipalName?

[Updated on: Thu, 14 December 2006 23:08]

Previous Topic: Kerio and NOD32 on desktop lockups (KOC)
Next Topic: body filter
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 20:58:39 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00458 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.