Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Sending From: multiple different domains email addresses
  •  
Chalky

Send a private message to this user
To All,

I have solved the problem of sending email from Outlook from different email addresses with different domains.

I have 2 email addresses that I use which have different domains. i.e. Chalky<.a.t.>abc.net and chalky<.a.t.>fgh.com.

email to both domains is collected into one account on my kerio email server using the pop3 collection facility from another pop3 email server. This comes through to outlook 2003 using the kerio outlook connector quite happily. The problem is when you want to send from the different address that kerio does not recognise. You can't alias it because it is a different domain...

The solution is to add a POP3 account to Outlook with the email address of the alternative email address. Set up the POP3 server = "localhost" and the SMTP server to the kerio server with authentication as your kerio account username and password. Then the cunning bit is to disable collection of the POP3 email under "Send/Receive settings" in the "Tools" menu. This way you get the choice of which account you want to send the mail from but it does not collect the POP3 email as this is done by kerio mail server. It works.

It is a shame that the same cannot be done from within the Webmail client... Please add to the Wish List.

Chris White. MCSE
Previous Topic: Migrate postfix users to KMS
Next Topic: .. KOC and Linux along with Kerberos via A/D
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 19:01:32 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00399 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.