Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio-Treo problem
  •  
mitchcohen

Send a private message to this user
I have a client on Kerio Mailserver (6.3.1r2, up to date as of today). The owners have Treo's, a 600 and a 650, both on Verizon. They are unable to access the mail server from either IMAP (Versamail) or webmail. We do not use POP so I haven't tried.

On webmail, the connection initiates then eventually times out. Nothing is displayed. Same with either the regular webmail or the new /pda directory. HOWEVER if I make up a directory name (mail.server.com/jibberish) I DO get a "404 NOT FOUND" page.

On IMAP the login happens fine. I'll get to the "Getting message 1 of 12" screen but it never gets any further, and eventually times out. I do see the login in Kerio's admin screen.

Further odd clues:

I have a Treo 650 on Sprint and have no problem at all - IMAP and webmail work great.

From their Treos I CAN access another client's webmail that's also on Kerio Mailserver (a little older, something in the 6.2 range). I didn't try IMAP.

The ISP of the client with the troubles is Verizon DSL, same provider as the Treos.
  •  
mergy

Kerio / Treo 700P and Snappermail with POPS on Verizon is great for us.

Jonathan
  •  
ybekkering

Hello,

We have 3 Treo 650 and are using Versamails Activesync option, which is explained in the PDF's from KMS. So no IMAP/POP, just OTA-Sync !

Works great for us and it's great that also your calendar is being sync'd with KMS.
  •  
mitchcohen

I appreciate the responses.

The trouble is the dropping of the connection. The ActiveSync instructions suggest to test the connection first by using webmail. Using webmail fails. Since webmail, IMAP, and POP all fail I don't see ActiveSync working.

I'll likely have to involve Verizon's tech support, which I'm not looking forward to.
  •  
mergy

Quote:

We have 3 Treo 650 and are using Versamails Activesync option, which is explained in the PDF's from KMS. So no IMAP/POP, just OTA-Sync !

is this only possible with 6.3.x of Kerio Mailserver?

Jonathan
  •  
Anonymous
Yes, this is only possible with the 6.3.X version of the mail server.
  •  
ybekkering

Besides my 3 Treo's I also have a HP 6915 (WM 5.0 Pocket PC) and a Qtek 8300 (WM 5.0 Smartphone) which also works great (mail (including all folders!), calendar, addressbook and tasks !). All described perfect in de PDF's.
I only had little problems with the Treo's with failing to connect which was a GPRS-problem. After resetting the device (backside of the device) it worked great. So my tip: try to reset it.

My opinion is that WM 5.0 (like qtek's) works better with Kerio 6.3.x than Treo's (Palm) because WM5.0 syncs more than Palm OS.
Previous Topic: how to add address book from \#public\Contacts
Next Topic: Comments feature and upgrade loss
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 25 01:20:37 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00427 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.