Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Anti-virus update is downloading old version of dat file
  •  
killerkessel

Send a private message to this user
Hi all,

I'm currently testing kerio mail server and wanted to check out the build-in anti-virus option.

Apparently when I do an upgrade the virus database version is 4350 !!

But when i go to the mcafee site the latest version is 4922. How come you don't get this new version. Where is kerio getting it's dat files from ?

Is there a way to always get the latest version from the mcafee website ?

regards,

Gert
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

It is obvious that you're testing "cracked" version. We have reports that cracks are damaging KMS in many ways so it cannot download McAfee updates. Please stop doing this and install trial version of KMS for testing. Your IP address has been logged.
  •  
killerkessel

Excuse me,

I'm using a trial version and the upload is doing normal except for the fact i'm receiving 4350 instead of 4922

To test it again , I installed manually the the 4922 files downloaded from mcafee and everything went fine, KMS was telling me i was running 4922

Next thing i did was doing a manual update and the update process started but apparently i received the 4350 version.

I can reach http://nai-update.kerio.com/nai-antivirus/datfiles/4.x/test. html without a problem.

Accusing someone of running a cracked version because something is apparently going wrong with the software ( could be my fault or the program ) is rather hard,

regards,

Gert
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Actually, we have the evidence. Did you register you trial version? What is your trial ID? Can you send it to me via PM?
  •  
killerkessel

No I'm not a registered trial user !

I didn't become a registered trial user because this was not necessary to look trough the interface and possibilities.

Let's call it a day thanks for the support

I'll start looking for an other alternative to exchange

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Killerkesser, this is not a support forum. It is a forum for user-to-user discussion. I expressed my personal opinion because I know how these weird "cracks" work and what happened if when the product is modified.
Technical support is available at phone or support.kerio.com also for registered trial version. Registration is free. I believe that our registration process is not a pain, it is a simple process. Please contact me directly or through our technical support and I would be happy to assist you with the problem.

I'm closing this thread.
Previous Topic: 2 email accounts
Next Topic: [19/Dec/2006 20:00:49] mail_queue.cpp: Cannot open queue file 4587a292-00015892 for MIME parsing: (2
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 14:41:11 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00387 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.