Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Directpush
  •  
flashflash

Send a private message to this user
Hi guys, having problems with Directpush to a WM5 device.

When directpush is first initialised everything works fine. Mails come through instantly. However after a short while the only way i can receive mail is when the connection timesout and triggers a full sync (after about 15mins).

I have read in various article that my firewall could be timing out on the HTTPS, and dropping the TCP connection. I am currently investigating that. One other thing that has been mentioning is adjusting the heartbeat interval. I think its currently set at 480 seconds. Is there a way to adjust the heartbeat interval?

Any other suggestions would be welcome.

My device is a MDA Vario II on the T-mobile network.

•  
Kerio_ktrumbull

Please submit a support ticket regarding this issue. We are aware of a similar issue, and we need some additional debug information to confirm if you are experiencing the issue.

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
flashflash

Hi,

I will submit a ticket, but can i confirm what debug info you need. i can provide debug info from the device and Activesync debug in Kerio.

Anything else you require?

Just for your reference, the device is not at fault. I have set up the devise with a Microsoft server and that works fine.

Many thanks
  •  
jjprusk

I am evaluating Kerio and am having exactly the same problem with DiretPush. In my case, I'm using http (port 80) and a Cingular BlackJack phone. Being new to the product, is there anything I can do to add information for the problem? It appears like the http session simply times out and doesn't get re-connected properly.
  •  
willowsv

I must admit I disabled direct push over xmas and new year as the office was closed but I noted similar behavior before the holidays.

If you look at the Active Connections when you first connect it works fine but after a while it times out and then mail get delivered after a interval (not actually timed it yet). Every now and then it will reopen a persistant connection and start pushing again befire the whole cycle repeats itself.

•  
jjprusk

I'm seeing exactly the same circumstances with my server as well. The only thing I would add is that at one point activesync would appear to work on the phone (ie, it would activate, show the last time it synced, etc.) but the mail would not be transferred to the phone. I let this go on for a complete day just to make sure that it wasn't "catching-up", then I literally had to restart the server to get it working again. Removing the device from the user had no affect.
  •  
jjprusk

BTW - I believe this is a general problem with activesync and not just "directpush". At various times I tried to set the phone to sync at specific intervals, which didn't seem to make much of a difference (ie, once it stopped "syncing", it wouldn't work no matter what I did, including changing from "at they arrive" to various intervals for syncing).
  •  
reny75

i have same problem on palm treo 750v.
Someone has found a solution?
  •  
flashflash

No solution unfortunately as its due to a software problem. I have submitted a ticket just before Christmas, so Kerio are aware of the problem
  •  
willowsv

Yeah im eagerly awaiting the next update :)

Tick Tock :P

[Updated on: Mon, 15 January 2007 17:51]

•  
flashflash

It appears there is a problem syncing TASKS as well. But im more than happy if Directpush gets looked at first ;-)
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

flashflash wrote on Mon, 15 January 2007 08:55

It appears there is a problem syncing TASKS as well. But im more than happy if Directpush gets looked at first Wink

I'm not immediately aware of an issue with OTA syncing of Tasks. Have you submitted a support ticket regarding this issue?

The DirectPush issue is being addressed. Please note that the item will eventually sync to the device, it just may not be immediate. What I have done on my device is set it to sync every 5 minutes (which is the minimum value) so that I am not more than 5 minutes out of sync.

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
reny75

ota sync works fine on my palm.
For the directpush I'll await for new kerio release.
  •  
darshp

is there any timeframe for having this bug fixed? Kerio boasts direct push, but this bug here invalidates much of the hype that KMS is getting because its not actually direct push its just OTA sync (which almost any mobile device is capable today). Honestly if there isnt a fix possible within a respectable time period, stop advertising it!

Darsh
  •  
flashflash

I submitted a ticket back in December regarding this issue. Are we any closer to this being resolved?
Previous Topic: KMS and iCal / Mozilla Sunbird / Lightning
Next Topic: Error when modify recurring agenda items
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 16:34:33 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00493 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.