Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » OTA sync and Outlook 2003
  •  
mdasta

Send a private message to this user
Is anyone having this issue with OTA sync and Outlook 2003. After the initial sync any new appointments added to the calendar in Outlook do not appear on the handheld. There is no error in ActiveSync and it appears as the sync has taken place without any issues, but the appointment does not appear on the handheld. Also if I delete the appointment in Outlook it appears as if it is deleting an appointment on the next OTA sync even though the appointment is invisible on the handheld calendar. This happens with both Windows Mobile 2003 and Windows Mobile 5.0 devices. The sync works fine if you add the appointment to your handheld and have it sync back to the server, but not if you add the appointment in Outlook to have it sync out to the handheld. We are using version 6.3 of both the mail server and KOC and ActiveSync 4.2 on the desktop.
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

mdasta wrote on Fri, 22 December 2006 19:03

We are using version 6.3 of both the mail server and KOC and ActiveSync 4.2 on the desktop.

Maybe you want to remove ActiveSync from the desktop since OTA sync does not use desktop ActiveSync. KOC syncs the items to the server, then the handheld goes to the server to look for changes.

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
mdasta

If I remove ActiveSync from the desktop, then I have no way to add and remove programs from the mobile device. I don't think the ActiveSync on the desktop would be the issue since OTA does not use it at all. I would think it is an issue with KOC since it only occurs when you add an appointment to the calendar in Outlook to sync it out to the server via KOC then to the mobile device via OTA. If you add the appointment to the mobile device and sync it back to the server via OTA it syncs back to Outlook via KOC without any issues. Only happens if you add the appointment to Outlook and try to have it sync out to the mobile device.

I will remove ActiveSync and try what you recommend to see what happens and post back. You never know...
  •  
mdasta

I tried removing ActiveSync from my PC as recommended and it did not help. Anyone else having this issue and found a workaround?
  •  
willowsv

When are you addig the appointment for?

I think the default setting for OTA sync is +/- 2 weeks in the future and the past.

[Updated on: Fri, 12 January 2007 10:15]

•  
rfisher

Perhaps disabling the sync of mail items on Active Sync will resolve your issue.

(you should just be able to remove the server info from your PC...)
Previous Topic: Converting .pst into Kerio store - not all records come along
Next Topic: IMAP flags/tags?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Sep 24 06:57:29 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00480 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.