Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Migrating To Kerio
  •  
simonsolts

Send a private message to this user
Hey, First Post so go easy :P

Right, I have just installed kerio mail server and am impressed, however here is my problem – I have an outlook (2007 – I know it won't work with the sync tool) mailbox full of email and contacts. Is there any way of moving the mail into kerio so that I can see all my mail through the webmail app rather than just the mail that hasn’t been downloaded by outlook yet?
I feel like I have tried everything so some help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Simon
  •  
BudDurland

simonsolts wrote on Wed, 27 December 2006 09:52

Is there any way of moving the mail into kerio so that I can see all my mail through the webmail app rather than just the mail that hasn’t been downloaded by outlook yet?

This is pretty easy. In OutLook, set up your mail account on the Kerio server as an IMAP account. Copy messages from the "local folders" to the new IMAP account. I don't know if you can drag & drop a whole folder or not. If you already have an Outlook account configured to access the Kerio server via POP3, you may have to delete it and recreate it.

IMAP protocol leaves messages on the server, which in turn makes them visible in Webmail

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
simonsolts

This was the first thing i tried, however, whenever my pop account checked for new mail (say on my laptop), it downloaded the entire contents of the IMAP folder instead of just new messages. How do I prevent this?
  •  
BudDurland

simonsolts wrote on Thu, 28 December 2006 09:01

This was the first thing i tried, however, whenever my pop account checked for new mail (say on my laptop), it downloaded the entire contents of the IMAP folder instead of just new messages. How do I prevent this?

You should be able set the POP account to "leave messages on the server". I'm not sure where the setting is exactly in Outlook. Two alternatives are to remove the POP account from outlook, and set the IMAP account as default, or configure Outlook to not process the POP account when doing a send/receive.

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
mosegaard

If your e-mail remain on the Exchange server you can use the IMAPCOPY (search google for IMAPCOPY) and download that. It's completely free....

You can choose source/destination IMAP server/s, user-account/s and folders. IMAPCOPY transfer (and leave) e-mail with correct flags (ie. sent time/date etc.)

Alternative... if you have a local PST file, you can install Outlook 2003 client and KOC (Kerio Outlook Connector). When this is working...you can import your PST file with ease...

Cheers,

Hans
Previous Topic: Change email in support
Next Topic: upgrade from 6.0.3 build 1 to 6.3.1
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 13:07:36 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00456 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.