Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » How can i block .mp3 .avi .mpg ....etc.?
  •  
ismailozatay

Send a private message to this user
hi there..

i can not find that how can i block these .mp3 .avi .mpg extensions from the http policy.i can block all of them from ftp policy.

is it possible ?

thanks
  •  
winkelman

Mostly, yes.

Just create HTP Policies that forbid URL's ending in mp3, avi, etc. So create a rule that blocks traffic to the URL *.mp3, etc.

This will block most of the downloads...
  •  
ismailozatay

hi again

i have already tested it.it works but now i can not filter mp3 or avi files in rar or zip archives... Embarassed

thx

•  
winkelman

True, that's why I block all archive files as well Twisted Evil

I reason that it's not so often someone (in my company anyways) needs to download archives from the net for business purposes. Those rare cases they do need to do so, I'm happy to do it for them.

My main reason to block archives is that within zip-files far nastier things then media-files could come in...

(The FTP filter also won't filter the contents of archives AFAIK).
  •  
tanglaoya

I use the NAT and I defined IP address groups to let someone use the Internet.

Can it work in NAT method?
  •  
feite

HTTP policy rules work for NAT also. HTTP policy rules are used for all services that have the HTTP protocol inspector enabled like HTTP and HTTPS.
Previous Topic: 2 or more Clients cannot login to VPN in one time
Next Topic: Anti-Spoofing repeatly
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 05:01:00 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00416 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.