Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Read Receipts
  •  
DaveTME

Send a private message to this user
Hi

Can anyone confirm if Kerio Mail Server sends read receipts automatically?

I am using Kerio as an IMAP mail server. If I send an email from an external address asking for a read receipt I get a read receipt sent back to me automatically. I have tested with Thunderbird and Outlook Express and the read receipt response is set to off on both. Even if I set the clients to ask if they should send a receipt and I say no I still get a read receipt sent back.

Only thing I can think of is Kerio is sending the read receipt when the mail gets marked as read, but I can't find any options for this.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
  •  
winkelman

Are you perhaps confusing 'read receipts' with 'delivery receipts'?
  •  
DaveTME

No. I am only sending test emails with read receipt requests and not delivery receipts.

I am wondering if Kerio sends read receipts for IMAP inboxes when mails are marked as read.
  •  
winkelman

DaveTME wrote on Tue, 09 January 2007 12:26

I am wondering if Kerio sends read receipts for IMAP inboxes when mails are marked as read.

Do you have a filter in place that automatically marks messages 'read'? Could be that going from the 'unread' to 'read' status triggers the 'read receipt' to be sent.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

DaveTME wrote on Tue, 09 January 2007 12:26

No. I am only sending test emails with read receipt requests and not delivery receipts.

No, the server does not send read receipts. Read receipts are generated by the email client where the message is set as read. So, check your IMAP email client if it has such capability.

The server sends delivery receipts (if requested) when the email is delivered to the user mailbox.
Previous Topic: IE 7 & Mail Server 6.1.3
Next Topic: Admin Users
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 09:15:28 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00374 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.