Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Help About Kerio Firewall
  •  
bertolomo

Send a private message to this user
in my home network I have 2 routers. router A has the internet connection, router B connected to router A unfurtunately Router B is damage. can Kerio Winroute Firewall act as a router B? Thanks....

• Attachment: plan.JPG
    (Size: 7.59KB, Downloaded 482 times)

[Updated on: Thu, 11 January 2007 02:29]

•  
winkelman

Sure, as the name implies Cool Kerio Winroute Firewall can simply act as a router.

A question that springs to mind is: why would you want to have 2 routers in your network? Is there anything else you have connected to router A besides router B (or KWF)?
  •  
bertolomo

Workstation connected to router B has limited access to the internet only when needed. while the router A must be connected all the time and we have only one internet connection. b 4 they can access the internet only when we power on the router B now I replace a PC as the router B (recycled pc Smile ) I Did try installed the KWF Sad But i don't know where go....(ussually i used MS ICS) Can you give me a simple step/instruction just to share the internet? Embarassed

[Updated on: Fri, 12 January 2007 02:45]

•  
winkelman

Why don't you use MS ICS here? If you purely want a simple software router, then MS ICS is just fine.
  •  
bertolomo

Sad If im' not mistak'n KWF capable of blocking certain adults sites... but its ok Smile thanks 4 ur time.......................
  •  
winkelman

Yes, you can filter on words.

To have more advanced filtering though, you need the OrangeWeb filter. I use it in my company and it works great. The filter is quite expensive though imho. (I'm sure it's due to ISS requiring a hefty fee...)
Previous Topic: Winroute in Steath Mode
Next Topic: Block PalTalk ?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 15:08:57 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00465 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.