Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Directory services configuration within a domain
  •  
clapin

Send a private message to this user
Hi guys!
I'm working with Kerio MailServer 6.3.0 installed in a Red Hat linux server. I'm mapping user accounts and groups from an Active Directory in a Windows 2003 server and everything was working fine.
The directory server is the main domain controller. Now this machine has crashed and the mail clients cannot connect to the Kerio MailServer. I'm trying to replace the hostname for the directory server by another domain controller. I test connection and it's ok but, when I try to connect from a webmail client, doesn't work.
Can anybody help me?

Thanks
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Make sure that the Kerberos realm has not changed (or configure it in the Domain settings). Also the Kerberos client on Linux (/etc/krb5.conf) would be configured correctly regarding the new server.

Do you see users from the Active Directory in the Administration Console? If yes, then the problem is only with authentication.
  •  
clapin

Thank you,Pavel.
I have modified the /etc/krb5.conf including the new server and it has worked.
  •  
SethL

This discussion reminded me to post this somewhat off-topic side note: we run an Open Directory (OS X) network with KMS on OS X Server. KMS is a member of our OD network and authenticates all users against our OD Kerberos setup.

We set up an OD replica server this week and tested the OD failover by shutting down the OD master server. KMS clients (webmail and desktop) were able to login without trouble as the KMS server failed over transparently to the replica.

This required no configuration on the KMS box - the list of OD replicas was pushed out to the KMS server from the OD master server automatically. Needless to say, I was impressed. Now if only I could cluster a couple of KMS servers for redundancy...

Seth Long
Sound Publishing, Inc.
Tacoma, Washington
Previous Topic: Sync Shared Contacts
Next Topic: Migrating mail from POP to Kerio
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 17 22:13:37 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00483 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.