Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Problem with installing Outlook connector
  •  
mjansen

Send a private message to this user
I have Outlook connector 6.3.1 for win,
I have Outlook 2003 SP2.
When i want to install the connector, I run the setup and then he ask to set the directory, after that I click install. I get the window:
The Wizard was iterrupted before Kerio Outlook Connector could be completely installed.

Your system has not been modified. To complete instalation at anothe time, please run setup again.

Click Finisch to exit the wizard.

I had al programs closed, no plugins in outlook installed, admin rights to install programms.

I dont know what to do. Outlook Synchronisation works good, but i want the direct connector.
  •  
Xollie

I have the same problem, i first installed koc 6.3.1 and removed it now i want to install 6.3.0 because we use this verion of the server.
  •  
Xollie

I found the solution:

Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Local Security Policy

From Local Security Settings applet, you select
Local Policies
User Rights Assignment

scroll down to 'Impersonate a client after authentication' on the right hand pane

double-Click on it
add a group or user (select yourself from the accounts on the machine)

The restart the machine and try again. I hope this works for you!
  •  
darylhurst

I've been experiencing a similar problem, i.e. the Wizard looks like it's installed but then fails on the last page a 'Wizard was interrupted' page.
The solution proposed doesn't work for me.
Is there any other software/config conflicts that are known to stop the connector from installing?
  •  
satzinger

I have the same problem.
I get the error message:

the wizard was interrupted before Kerio Outlook Connector could be completly installed

I tried the suggestion mentioned above but it did not work!
  •  
germanr

Do you have internet explorer 6 or better installed?

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
  •  
satzinger

Yes, I have IE7 installed!
  •  
germanr

Strange, I had the same problem with windows 2000 and IE 5.

What operating system are you using?

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
  •  
Anonymous
Make sure you are using the 2.0 version of the Windows installer:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4b6 140f9-2d36-4977-8fa1-6f8a0f5dca8f&DisplayLang=en

Also, try the utility found here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301. After running the utility run the KMS installer again.
  •  
satzinger

I am using the latest windows installer.
The program installed once before, but after removing it, I can no longer reinstall it.
I have also used "windows install cleanup" but the kerio product does not even show up in the list of installed programs.
  •  
satzinger

germanr wrote on Fri, 02 February 2007 13:40

Strange, I had the same problem with windows 2000 and IE 5.

What operating system are you using?

I use windows XP
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Is there any error in the system event log?
It could be a known issue on Windows: http://forums.kerio.com/index.php?t=rview&goto=42235#msg _42235
  •  
satzinger

I have the issue resolved - more or less.

Installing version 6.1.4 of the Kerio Outlook Connector first and then installing version 6.3.1 over top of version 6.1.4 worked and resolved the issue for me.
You can download Version 6.1.4 from here: http://download.kerio.com/archive/

I hope this might help others with the same problem.

I also have this problem as a ticket with Kerio and they have an install debug-log from me which should help them fix the problem in future releases. They also came up with the workaround above!

Thanks Kerio

[Updated on: Wed, 07 February 2007 13:20]

•  
pstavros

mjansen wrote on Sat, 13 January 2007 06:37

I have Outlook Synchronisation works good, but i want the direct connector.

Do you have the kerio outlook sync installed on this computer? You can only have one or the other installed, but not both. I ran into this problem removed the sync and the connector installed without a problem.
Previous Topic: Sharing Calendars
Next Topic: How to limit relaying ??
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 10:38:58 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00505 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.