Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Not archiving SPAM
  •  
trevorelbourne

Send a private message to this user
I have been trying to figure out how to avoid archiving of SPAM messages, and haven't had a lot of success.

I have the spam system setup to forward spam to a quarantine mailbox. I also have email archiving enabled. One annoying thing is that the archive also contains all the spam that is forwarded to our quarantine account.

Is there any way to avoid this, or be selective about which accounts are archived?

Thanks,
Trevor.
  •  
it@leonardsexpress.com

I would also like to figure out a way to do this, I don't need to restate his message, but if there is a solution please forward a message to me that would be helpful.

-Chris

IT Admin
  •  
trevorelbourne

I have a work-around for this. I have written a perl script that simply deletes all messages marked as SPAM from the email archive. I run this as a cron job, and I run it every 3 hours.

The script does the following:
1. Stop Kerio
2. Remove the SPAM
3. Rename the index file to .bad
4. Restart Kerio

The script is attached.

Regards,
Trevor.

• Attachment: unarchive
    (Size: 1.12KB, Downloaded 415 times)
  •  
it@leonardsexpress.com

Hello, thank you for your reply. Forgive me for my ignorance and relative inexperience with PHP, but it sounds like this is run on linux box am I correct? I have downloaded the file and taken a look at the code. I run my KMS on a win2003 server. Also, it looks as if you are archiving by month (if my decipher of the code is correct) I archive daily, is there a way I can manipulate this to suit my needs? Or is there some sort of "general" template or code that you may have in your files that you would be willing to share?

Best,

-Christopher

IT Admin
Previous Topic: LDAP and Kerio
Next Topic: blackberry and mail filtering
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 15:11:41 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00370 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.