Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio with other Open Source Anti Spam solutions
  •  
Janco

Send a private message to this user
Has any one tried using another Anti Spam solution together with Kerio?
  •  
tpalmer

Kerio uses SpamAssassin, which is the most popular FOSS filter out there. You are tied to that (can't use another filtering program on the same machine without some fancy footwork), but its what I would use anyway. The only other way really is to build a gateway machine with the filters of your choice and set it in front of the KMS machine. However, you can add any of the bazillion custom SA rulesets available to KMS's SA config. They can help alot.
  •  
My IT Indy

I use Katharion's filtering service and adjusted my MX records to start at Katharion's servers and then they forward to my email servers. It's pretty cheap to set up, I've had great luck with them filtering most garbage out and it's not something I have to maintain at all. Let me know if you're interested as I'm a reseller as well.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
Janco

Unfortunately Kerio's custom rules involves a lot of manual administration and the Blacklists and Spam repellent are only effective up to a point. I have to block +/- 500 Spam e-mails a week and that to me is not on.

I wish that KMS had a content filter as to block certain substrings within the e-mail body and if KMS had something like that most of my issues will be resolved.

Do you know of any 3rd party Open Source Anti Spam solutions that has body content filters that might work?
  •  
Janco

Can you send me details and cost breakdown of the software?
What support do we get?
  •  
My IT Indy

Check your PM.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
tpalmer

Janco wrote on Mon, 22 January 2007 07:58

Unfortunately Kerio's custom rules involves a lot of manual administration and the Blacklists and Spam repellent are only effective up to a point. I have to block +/- 500 Spam e-mails a week and that to me is not on.

I wish that KMS had a content filter as to block certain substrings within the e-mail body and if KMS had something like that most of my issues will be resolved.

Do you know of any 3rd party Open Source Anti Spam solutions that has body content filters that might work?

Sure. SpamAssassin, with custom rulesets. Since KMS uses SpamAssassin, you can use custom rulesets in KMS (I've done well with SARE). And custom scoring. I block about 8000 spam a week, out of maybe 15,000 emails, with maybe 10 - 15 false positives, and fewer false negs.

Any FOSS system you want to use will be harder than KMS to configure, and really not much more configurable.
Previous Topic: regeditSTG on HTC ?
Next Topic: Migration tool: designate login name prior to migration?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 03:05:05 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00411 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.