Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » win2000 / kerio FW / 2 network cards -- will my concept work?
  •  
cane

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

I am currently virtualizing a Win2000 server. Currently I have a hardware firewall in front of my Box, which works transparent.
Everything fine there.

But now I am going to move to another ISP, where I wont have any hw-firewall anymore.

So my idea is:
- put Kerio on the OS (win2000 SRV)
- give the server 2 network cards

- the first network card will be on the wan side, with public ip's assigned to, lets say 80.80.80.1
- the second will be on the lan side, with private subnet, lets say 10.0.0.1

so my question are:
- can i forward all incoming traffic 1:1 for 80.80.80.1 to 10.0.0.1 using kerio?
- will the outbound traffic from 10.0.0.1 be visible outside as if it comes from 80.80.80.1?

I will have to add 4 more ip's to the wan side, with different services working on different ports.

Is Kerio the right product for protecting a win2000 box, a hosting machine?

From what I have seen now Kerio just looks good to me.

Thanks for letting me know.
  •  
lansclu

Send a private message to this user
So my idea is:
- put Kerio on the OS (win2000 SRV)
- give the server 2 network cards

Go ahead, no issues.
can i forward all incoming traffic 1:1 for 80.80.80.1 to 10.0.0.1 using kerio?

Yes you can.

- will the outbound traffic from 10.0.0.1 be visible outside as if it comes from 80.80.80.1?

Yes, outside servers will understand that all the request are coming from 80.80.80.1

I will have to add 4 more ip's to the wan side, with different services working on different ports.

Here you cant' add 4 external IP address. but you can use
different services on different ports with your existing external IP which will MAP your private IP.

Is Kerio the right product for protecting a win2000 box, a hosting machine?

Yes 100% protection. Specially you have to disable ICMP traffic.

Thanks
Previous Topic: Kerio WF weakness or other else (second edit)
Next Topic: How To Change Restricted Words?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 08:46:13 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00389 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.