Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » How Do I Configure a 1-to-1 Mapping of a Public Address to a Private Address?
  •  
cane

Send a private message to this user
hi,

can a 1 to 1 mapping be done with Kerio?

i used to do this with my netscreen hw-firewall products.

see how it works here: http://kb.juniper.net/KB4739

how can this be done with Kerio?

thanks
  •  
feite

create a traffic rule

source: any
dest: external interface or if interface has more ip addresses a specific ip address of the interface
service: specify service (eg http/https) or any
translation: map (destination nat) to internal ip address
  •  
cane

ok.. I understand this.

But I have a FTP-D problem doing it this way:

- the FTPD responds on the mapped ip
- I can do a FTP connect on the external WAN-IP

BUT:

- I get no "ls" or "dir" done, it just times out!

I think this is common problem with FTP-D.. Any idea how to fix this?
  •  
feite

Check the FTP policy rules. On the advanced tab set content type should to any and try again. Also enable logging for the FTP policies and check the filter log.
  •  
dgorman

Hi ,
I think i have the exact same problem as Cane and have never had a solution for it even though i posted a few times,

I am ftping remotely from Dos to the outside ip of my win2000 server which maps to the inside ftp server.
I can connect ok but if i do an ls it just hangs..
I have set the ftp policy as mentioned and the deub log just gives the following when i close the dos window

24/Sep/2007 17:11:25] {ftp_handler} [ 399779 ] ftp_read_command(): recv() failed, code 10054
[24/Sep/2007 17:11:25] {ftp_handler} [ 399779 ] cleaned

Its definately the firewal as i can do it over isdn not going through the firewall.
Sounds exactly like canes problem!!
Can we get a fix or possible solution.

Previous Topic: openvpn can establish connection , but cant ping
Next Topic: Routing without blocking!!!
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 07:47:46 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00432 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.