Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Apache auth_ldap and Kerio Mailserver 6.3.1
  •  
elch

Send a private message to this user
Hello everybody,

currently we are using SLOX 4.1 as company Mailserver. Its ldap database also serves to authenticate users for certain access-restricted directories on two intranet servers ( apache2 with mod_auth_ldap). So far, so good.
We have now a test-installation of KMS 6.3.1. Is it possible to bind to the internal ldap of KMS via the apache mod_auth_ldap?

My config in httpd.conf is:

Alias /test "/path/to/test"

<Directory "/path/to/test">
Options Indexes MultiViews +ExecCGI +FollowSymLinks
Order allow,deny
Allow from all

AuthType Basic
AuthName "TEST"
Require valid-user

AuthLDAPAuthoritative On
AuthAuthoritative Off

LDAP_Debug On
LDAP_Server <IP of Kerio-Mailserver>
LDAP_Port 389
Base_DN "dc=mydomain,dc=com"
AuthOnBind On

UID_Attr uid

</Directory>

I wonder if it's possible at all. Maybe it's just a matter of having the right port number or BaseDN. But I really want to avoid all that stuff of integrating an OpenLDAP Server with KMS like described in that knowledgebase article. Also we do not have any need for implementing an Active Directory server.
Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks in advance

Elke
Previous Topic: Active Directory Plug-In
Next Topic: eWeek: Spammers' Fake Newsletters Slip by E-Mail Filters
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 22:39:02 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00377 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.