Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Double Contacts with Kerio Outlook Connector
  •  
stevemeier

Send a private message to this user
I'm using Kerio Mailserver 6.3.1 with Kerio Outlook Connector 6.3.1

The other day one of my users came to me with a strange problem. Her personal contact list had doubled. Upon further investigation i found that it hadn't actually doubled but it was listing the business fax as a contact when clicking the "To" button in a new email.

No other KOC user had this issue and i can't seem to fix it.

Is there anyone who has dealt with this before? All i want is to make the business fax number not show up on the contacts list when adding emails to the "To" line. They show up as a single contact when looking at the contacts folder. And we don't want to get rid of the business fax number, we need to have it saved in the contact information.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
  •  
sedell

I ran into this after upgrading to either 6.3.0 or 6.3.1. I submitted a support request on it. I was told by support that this is how Outlook works, and it only presented itself after the KOC upgrade because they fixed something that now made it function normally. At the time I didn't have time to test it with different accounts and PSTs to confirm or deny.

Scott
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

Yes, a bug was fixed so that KOC functions like Outlook does with PST files; it now shows the business fax contacts.

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
stevemeier

Ok, well that sucks really =)

Is anyone aware of a workaround or bypass?
  •  
jpokinpo

I believe that this may be an Outlook setting instead. For a long while (months) - prior to KMS, I had instances of fax and SMTP contacts listed. However, I never really explored the reason.

Check Outlook settings - worth a try...
Previous Topic: Treo 680 and SSL
Next Topic: how to change UTF-8 to ISO 8859-2
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 15:08:44 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00515 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.