Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » simple routing issue
  •  
randymorris

Send a private message to this user
I am runnng KWF between two locations. The host location serves the printing from an IBM iSeries machine. The Kerio VPN is being used between the two sites. Both sites are running Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition.

On the Host side, I have the 198.113.201.0 network. On the remote side, I have the 172.16.3.0 network. The Gateway on the host side is 198.113.201.68. The Gateway on the remote side is 172.16.3.204.

When I am on the remote side, I can create a connection back to the iSeries at 198.113.201.1. That machine can host a session on every workstation at the 172 network. All of this works fine.

I have printers on the remote side as well. One of the printers (as an example) is 172.16.3.15. I can ping this printer from the KWF machine. I have this printer defined on the iSeries machine as 172.16.3.15. I can not ping from 198.113.201.1 to this 172.16.3.15 printer. When I try to send print to this printer, it never makes it.

I spent 3 hours on the phone with Kerio support yesterday and they have no idea why this is not working. After installing / changing rules / uninstalling network card software (be careful of this because it will ruin the network sometimes), they finally said - "hey - your network is messed up - we dont know what is going on. Thank you - have a nice day."

Well - I think the network is messed up because they uninstalled network card software - of course. I re-installed the software to get back to where I was when I called them but I am still having the same problem now.

Here are my questions:
I think KWF routing is not working properly - should I use
Microsoft routing (route print) to add persistent routes?
Does anyone know about Kerio having problems with routing?
Why would I always be able to get a session and never be able
to print?

Any practical advise would be helpful. Please be careful with support - they can always call it quits when they want. That leaves you hanging in the wind to figure out how to resolve on your own.

Thank you'
Randy Morris
KWF / KMS reseller and installer
Steel Moon Technologies
Doe and Ingalls of VA/NC, LLC
704-236-4814
  •  
Linguinut

Send a private message to this user
In a situation similar to yours, I resolved these kinds of problems by adding a persistent route on each Kerio WinRoute server.

On the 198 server:
route /p add 172.16.3.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 198.113.201.68

On the 172 server:
route /p add 198.113.201.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 172.16.3.204

The mask may be different on your network, but these should work.

Have a good day!
Ling
Previous Topic: How can I stop Kerio the WinRoute Firewall delivery failure notifications?
Next Topic: Certain sites get timeouts, certain pop3 email addresses also timeout
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 19:11:56 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00432 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.