Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Outlook Connector doesn´t connect
  •  
cuie

Send a private message to this user
Hi!

Our company is 99% mac-based, but I´m still trying get one Windows XP laptop to work with KMS. I have KMS v6.3.1 and the latest Outlook Connector.

When create new e-mail account and try to use the "check connection"-button in Windows, I get an error message that the connector can´t estabilish connection to the server.

The PC with Outlook has an IP that is allowed in KMS preferences for IMAP and SMTP, and I can use webmail from that same PC. For a quick solution I configured the Outloook for regular IMAP account but then I can´t use any of the extra features.

Does anybody have any advice how to get the connector to work?

All help is appriciated:)
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

I believe the check connection button uses HTTP, so make sure that if you changed the port for HTTP or HTTPS, you update that in the KOC port settings (on the Advanced tab of the account configuration dialoge).

If you load the KOC profile, do things actually work?

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
cuie

Kerio_ktrumbull wrote on Tue, 06 February 2007 17:08

I believe the check connection button uses HTTP, so make sure that if you changed the port for HTTP or HTTPS, you update that in the KOC port settings (on the Advanced tab of the account configuration dialoge).

If you load the KOC profile, do things actually work?

I have also enabled http/https access to KMS for this PC, I tried both of the ports when connecting (http and ssl) with no avail.

What do you mean by ´loading the KOC profile´? I can´t save it since it can´t check the connection properly.

Thanks for the quick reply:)
  •  
cuie

Anyone have any idea how to get the Outlook Connector to work?

The IMAP works fine in Outlook but we need also the exchange functionality that the Outlook Connctor provides.
  •  
simonkenning

I have had a similar problem with KOC, and found it to be caused by our client firewall application. We use F-Secure Antivirus Client Security on all our clients. Even though Port 80 and Port 443 is allowed through the firewall client, the Intrusion Protection was still blocking access. Once this was disabled we could connect the KOC client and use the check button and then were able to save the profile. Incidentally, once the profile was saved we could then re-enable the Intrusion Protection in FSCAV and the KOC is still working.

Do you have any client firewall software running? It may be worth disabled the software to see if that is the cause of your problem.

Hope that helps.
  •  
cuie

simonkenning wrote on Sat, 10 February 2007 00:09

I have had a similar problem with KOC, and found it to be caused by our client firewall application. We use F-Secure Antivirus Client Security on all our clients. Even though Port 80 and Port 443 is allowed through the firewall client, the Intrusion Protection was still blocking access. Once this was disabled we could connect the KOC client and use the check button and then were able to save the profile. Incidentally, once the profile was saved we could then re-enable the Intrusion Protection in FSCAV and the KOC is still working.

Do you have any client firewall software running? It may be worth disabled the software to see if that is the cause of your problem.

Hope that helps.

We have a F-Secure also, but I tried to disable it with no success.
The Windows Firewall is also disabled.
  •  
simonkenning

F-Secure will certainly be the problem. Is your F-Secure client controlled by F-Secure Policy Manager Server and locked by the PMS? If so you will need to unlock the F-Secure client from within the Policy Manager Console, make sure that Intrusion Prevent is disabled and make sure that your Firewall is changed from Office or other location to disabled. You may also need to change the following settings from the Advanced View in FSPMC

F-Secure Antivirus / System Control / Registry Protection / Registry Protection = Disabled

F-Secure Internet Shield / Intrusion Prevention / Intrusion Prevention Enabled = No

F-Secure Anti Spyware / Settings / Browser Control / Browser Control = Disabled

If your client is not connected via FSPMC then your can go directly into F-Secure Client and change the following settings:

Firewall - Change to disabled
Application Control - Change to Prompt / Prompt
Intrusion Prevent - Log only

Virus & Spy Protection:
Browser COntrol - Disabled
System Control - Disabled

Once you have got the KOC profile saved and working, you can then re-enable all the above and everything should work fine.

I hope this solves this issue for you - it was the only way I could get KOC to work across our domain.

Regards,
Simon Kenning
  •  
cuie

simonkenning wrote on Mon, 12 February 2007 12:39

F-Secure will certainly be the problem. Is your F-Secure client controlled by F-Secure Policy Manager Server and locked by the PMS? If so you will need to unlock the F-Secure client from within the Policy Manager Console, make sure that Intrusion Prevent is disabled and make sure that your Firewall is changed from Office or other location to disabled. You may also need to change the following settings from the Advanced View in FSPMC

F-Secure Antivirus / System Control / Registry Protection / Registry Protection = Disabled

F-Secure Internet Shield / Intrusion Prevention / Intrusion Prevention Enabled = No

F-Secure Anti Spyware / Settings / Browser Control / Browser Control = Disabled

If your client is not connected via FSPMC then your can go directly into F-Secure Client and change the following settings:

Firewall - Change to disabled
Application Control - Change to Prompt / Prompt
Intrusion Prevent - Log only

Virus & Spy Protection:
Browser COntrol - Disabled
System Control - Disabled

Once you have got the KOC profile saved and working, you can then re-enable all the above and everything should work fine.

I hope this solves this issue for you - it was the only way I could get KOC to work across our domain.

Regards,
Simon Kenning

Yes, I tried to disable evey service on F-Secure. I also shutdown the whole program but couldn´t still get the KOC working. It gives the same error message.

It is strange still that the regular IMAP connection works fine but not the KOC. The KOC is also latest version from Kerio´s website.

Any other suggestions?

I´m satisfied with KMS but this fighting with KOC just makes me frustrated.
  •  
simonkenning

You say that you have enabled http/https access to KMS for this PC, and have tried both of the ports when connecting (http and ssl) with no avail? Are you able to connect to the KMS Webmail with both HTTP and HTTPS as this would use the same ports required as KOC? If not then that would certainly cause KOC not to function.

Have you got any other security software running on the PC? If not then could it perhaps be a problem with routing from the PC to the KMS?

You say that you are able to connect Outlook by IMAP - is this by a DNS address or an IP address. If it is DNS address does this resolve to an external IP or internal IP? Are you able to ping your KMS both internally and externally? I assume that you wish the KOC to work externally on Laptop possibly using an external WAN IP or DNS address, or are you hoping to be able to connect via VPN and use internal IP address of KMS or internal DNS address? Do you have other firewall issues elsewhere?

All thoughts really, as beyond this I'm not sure what else could be preventing you from connecting the KOC.

Regards,
Simon Kenning
Previous Topic: Fighting Image Spam
Next Topic: outlook connector and page file usage problem
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 05:06:14 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00472 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.