Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio WebMail and Opera
  •  
tkra

Send a private message to this user
Isn't Kerio WebMail able to be fully displayed in Opera? It always comes up with the mini version. We are using Opera 9.1
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

The full version of KMS Webmail is not supported on Opera. Other people have mentioned that if you set the Agent in Opera to show as IE, it helps, but I believe there are still some quirks.

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
tkra

I just checked. This is not doable. No context menu. Nothing. Are there any plans to support Opera in future releases?

PS: Should be possible, because Opera is one of the browser that supports the acid2 test.
  •  
winkelman

tkra wrote on Wed, 07 February 2007 18:16

Should be possible, because Opera is one of the browser that supports the acid2 test.

The acid2 is somewhat useless anyway (has no bearing to 'real life' situations), but surely completely irrelevant in this matter.
  •  
tkra

the acid2 test (altough not completely relevant to this matter I have to admit) says something about standard compliance of a browser. this has nothing to do with real life situations but rather tells anyone: hey: this browser concerns about standard compliance. if that is the case it should be doable for any other company to support that browser.

appart from this: this discussion isn't about the acid2 test.
  •  
Kerio_ktrumbull

tkra wrote on Wed, 07 February 2007 09:16

PS: Should be possible, because Opera is one of the browser that supports the acid2 test.

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

With a steady market share of only 1.5%, do not expect Opera support any time soon. (And I know that those stats are a little lower than what they should be because of the Opera users that are falsely sending their Agent as IE)

Kevin Trumbull
Kerio Technical Support Team Leader
http://support.kerio.com
  •  
tkra

allright. in that case any browser below say 10% wouldn't be supported. safari is.

building a solid product should be about supporting all your clients. i know that operas marketshare isn't exactly high. but I do have customers that do have opera and you have customers that do other browsers than ie and firefox. consider that.
  •  
ccjwells

tkra wrote on Wed, 07 February 2007 13:26

allright. in that case any browser below say 10% wouldn't be supported. safari is.

In their defense, isn't Safari installed by default on Mac OS X? So that would mean they need to support it in the few instances where it is the only browser installed on the system (since it is quite possible to happen). I admit, I am not familiar with all OSes out there, but I can't think of one where Opera is the only browser installed by default.
  •  
tkra

you don't need to defend them.there doing a great job besides. but as a mac user i'm sensitive to percentage values anyway :-)

but you're right. safari is default on mac os x.
  •  
My IT Indy

Safari is supported however you don't get access to the html editing capabilities of webmail. I ran into that issue with a new install and had to switch all the iMacs over to Firefox.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
Previous Topic: Exchange synchronizing in Apple Addressebook
Next Topic: limit pop3 message size
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 03:00:59 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00436 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.